Hawairish and TowndawgR50 are teaming up!

hawairish

How to mount it low in the rails though. I have one that I can get for free but struggle figuring out a mounting option on the tracks that I have on my LE. I like how low this sits.

It works just fine with conduit clamps into the slides in the rails (they’re easy to harvest at the junkyard-or just use washers-that’s what I did with my Yakima basketcase which was mounted to the rails between my load bars for 14 years. Also, I might be able to give you some once I’m sure how many I need).

You’re local to[mention=40509]Pathy_02[/mention]. You should look at his. I’m sure he’d be happy to meet with you. Nice guy. He had the ability to cerakote the clamps so it looks positively great.

My only complaint is that it sits less than a centimeter from the rail. The top bar on the rack is 1.5” which is too thick for cam strap hooks (which I love & have used for decades-I’ve done week long off-road overlanding trips in AZ with two 14’ kayaks strapped to my OEM load bars with cam straps with no problems). Anyway, the 1” lower bar on the rack is too close to the rail to accept a hook. There are work arounds (like a soft loop & moto straps) but[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] & I are working on 1cm squat square towers to give a little lift & I’d like them to vary in height to compensate for the rocker. Definitely plan on mounting an awning, like you’ve done, at some point.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 12:11 PM, RainGoat said:

Now, Cargo area window MOLLE racks, there’s something we don’t have. I mocked one up from my 5th Gen T4R one &@TowndawgR50 & I did a little dissection at the junkyard to identify mounting points
daf8feacb0113dfc6ccce91f62106c7a.jpg
4e6cb0e5d702ee3471cfdf7437d6d4bd.jpg
c654bc39249ebe88593da340cbd5d0ff.jpg

Love the look of this!! That would be an easy order for me whenever these become available

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2019 at 6:22 PM, dezm said:

Hey guys! Any updates on any of these products?

I guess we're due for an update, right @TowndawgR50?

Things are moving along!  Albeit, a little slower than we anticipated perhaps, but we're still at it.  SFD designs and costs have been our primary focus, but we've not limited ourselves to discussions about other great ideas.  We're making some initial hardware and material purchases over the next few days, as we're both anxious to get some prototypes made now that designs and numbers on paper (er, digital paper).  We've given a significant amount of thought to the strut spacers in particular; I was tweaking the CADs for them tonight, actually.  They're definitely a departure from what many are expecting.

Behind the scenes, we've been in contact with several members who've expressed interest in kits already, and we're stoked about that and absolutely appreciate the support!

We've also added a new tool to our arsenal (it arrived today actually!): a finger brake press.  This will allow us to put some structural bends into plate, which opens the doors to a few additional design and product options.

Lastly, we've been mulling over a company name since the end of December, but one particular name has grown on us and we've been informally using it.  Can't share it yet, but I can tell you it's not HawDawgs.

• Like 11

I guess we're due for an update, right [mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention]?

Things are moving along!  Albeit, a little slower than we anticipated perhaps, but we're still at it.  SFD designs and costs have been our primary focus, but we've not limited ourselves to discussions about other great ideas.  We're making some initial hardware and material purchases over the next few days, as we're both anxious to get some prototypes made now that designs and numbers on paper (er, digital paper).  We've given a significant amount of thought to the strut spacers in particular; I was tweaking the CADs for them tonight, actually.  They're definitely a departure from what many are expecting.

Behind the scenes, we've been in contact with several members who've expressed interest in kits already, and we're stoked about that and absolutely appreciate the support!

We've also added a new tool to our arsenal (it arrived today actually!): a finger brake press.  This will allow us to put some structural bends into plate, which opens the doors to a few additional design and product options.

Lastly, we've been mulling over a company name since the end of December, but one particular name has grown on us and we've been informally using it.  Can't share it yet, but I can tell you it's not HawDawgs.

Excited to see what’s been in the making!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/16/2019 at 12:28 AM, hawairish said:

I guess we're due for an update, right @TowndawgR50?

I just wanted to add to what @hawairish stated and fill you all in on some details.

We want to provide comprehensive R50 specific aftermarket support. Aside from SFD's and trailing arms we've been developing accessories and solutions to other areas of the truck like modular rooftop and interior storage, rooftop access, front and rear bumpers, driveline upgrades and much more. Like @hawairish mentioned we have been very fortunate to have the support of some willing members of this community who are using our initial products and we encourage those folks to review them here. 

We both are working fulltime jobs so the process has been slow but steadily ramping up. 2019 is going to be packed so stay tuned for more updates!

One quick note-

We recently acquired @ferrariowner123 2003 LE and will be using that in the development of our products. Big thanks to him for adding a crucial element to this equation! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TowndawgR50 said:

I just wanted to add to what @hawairish stated and fill you all in on some details.

We want to provide comprehensive R50 specific aftermarket support. Aside from SFD's and trailing arms we've been developing accessories and solutions to other areas of the truck like modular rooftop and interior storage, rooftop access, front and rear bumpers, driveline upgrades and much more. Like @hawairish mentioned we have been very fortunate to have the support of some willing members of this community who are using our initial products and we encourage those folks to review them here. 

We both are working fulltime jobs so the process has been slow but steadily ramping up. 2019 is going to be packed so stay tuned for more updates!

One quick note-

We recently acquired @ferrariowner123 2003 LE and will be using that in the development of our products. Big thanks to him for adding a crucial element to this equation! 

I’m by no means a master fabricator....but I love tinkering and I’m super pumped to see some cool things come out for our pathys. If you guys ever need help with anything at all, I literally live a block from hawairish and would be happy to assist. Do you guys plan to do mostly frame and suspension related parts...or are any other items in the works? It’d be great to see some things like cold air boxes, snorkels and snorkel mounts, pre dabbed trans cooler brackets. I’m hoping to get some cardboard and some plastic or aluminum sheeting pretty soon here to mock up a cold air box and I’d like to do a trans cooler soon too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 10:26 PM, RainGoat said:

Look at[mention=40509]Pathy_02[/mention] Rola V-Tech with Extension. I believe Delta50 has it on one of his Pathys too. I am also mounting one.

Rola V-Tex 59504 (by Draw Tite)

RolaV-Tex 59505Extension 18 3/4”

74” bottom center to bottom center with extension

48”x37.5”x5” OUTSIDE

46-48”x37”x4” INSIDE

Bars: Top 1.5”, Bottom 1”, Cross 3/4”(6+5+6)

Screws #10-32 Self Tapping (Quantity#12)

Ext +15”

50#(35#Rack +15#Ext)

130# Capacity

5yr Warranty

http://www.rolaproducts.com/support/installation/N59504.pdf

http://www.rolaproducts.com/support/installation/N59505.pdf

(888) 521-0510

PATH DIMENSIONS

71"Front to Spoiler Up

54.5" Sunroof to Spoiler Up

41" Wide

80e5f08aa4be3aa5ee1df6126b86b998.jpg

here's mine

52605411_2011020755614257_29052039172540

• Like 3

See the R50 Tire Gate Mod: Let’s settle this! Thread to see some of the latest work from them. Likely developing instructions, templates and support brackets & license plate relocaters! Lots of finesse points and improvements worked out yesterday under the diligent eye of @TowngawgR50 .

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates? I’m sure you guys are busy, just throwing it out there that I’m interested in a SFD ASAP. I need to bring the front end up to match the rear, but I’m maxed out on CV angle so can’t do anything else without a drop. I’ve thought about building my own but sometimes it’s nice to let someone else do the work ?

1 hour ago, Bax03SE said:

Any updates? I’m sure you guys are busy, just throwing it out there that I’m interested in a SFD ASAP. I need to bring the front end up to match the rear, but I’m maxed out on CV angle so can’t do anything else without a drop. I’ve thought about building my own but sometimes it’s nice to let someone else do the work ?

join the r50 nissan pathfinder and qx4 lift group on facebook. theres at least two guys on there currently manufacturing sfd's for good prices