Hawairish and TowndawgR50 are teaming up!

hawairish

After years of chatting about our own Pathfinder projects—and often, grumblings about having to make our own parts or hack together something—it’s become clear that Jacob (@TowndawgR50) and I (Patrick) have a common passion for our trucks.  We’re always bouncing ideas around and sanity-checking each other’s work, ultimately realizing we have highly complementary skill sets that extend beyond working on trucks.

We’ve also grown tired of a serious lack of aftermarket support for our trucks, especially when there’s an obvious demand to keep them on the road and make them more capable than they already are.  To counter that, we’re teaming up to fill that void. That’s right: it’s time to turn a hobby into a business!

In the weeks to come, we will be making more announcements regarding the status of the company (still working on the name!) and our product offerings.  We’re still in the early stages of the company formation, and have some challenges ahead of us (most notably the 1,400 miles that separate us!), but we’re ready and stoked to get the word out there.  If any of our individual projects have piqued your interest, then our collaborative efforts won’t disappoint.

Our initial focus will be on subframe drop (SFD) kits, as this is the most important component required to move beyond 2” of front suspension lift.  Unlike prior versions of kits that have existed, we intend to offer complete kits and à la carte components in multiple heights—including strut spacers—to support various lift configurations.  Our particular focus is to provide high-quality finished products that simplify installation for the average DIYer (hint: strut disassembly not required), and without having to replace aftermarket components you’ve already purchased.

While we won’t go into detail about all the products (and services) we’ve been discussing, we will tease that trailing arms and panhard bars (both in static lengths with poly bushings, and adjustable lengths with rebuildable joints), skid plates, missing link, and bumper brackets are on the product roadmap.

That said, we’re looking forward to a productive 2019, so stay tuned!

• Like 31

An excellent pairing! I personally know of each of your commitment to quality & dependability. I think everyone will benefit from what is essentially a scaling up of your own individual, well thought out, projects. I look forward to seeing what this partnership will produce.

• Thanks 1

Well dangit, you're gonna make me go and buy another R50!  This is really cool, can't wait to see your guys' products.

Maybe it’s a calling that you should ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jjonez said:

So awesome you guys. One bolt on supercharger kit with a side of solid front axle plz

I won't deny that we've talked about one of those items in significant detail.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, Astrorami said:

Here you go!...I should’ve taken more pics for you emoji38.png

50e0346f3a8e7f8e35012e5954662c4c.jpg

Great looking truck. Not nearly enough of them in the access cab/4x4 configuration.  Meanwhile it seems every 1st gen Tacoma i see running around is a TRD off road access cab.

Edited by jjonez

I got a bunch of unique plausible ideas including a couple i made into reality if you guys want some help. Also located in Northern Colorado so I could be a parts distributor if you guys get serious about selling aftermarket for these trucks

• Like 1

A full length custom roof rack would be cool!

Look at[mention=40509]Pathy_02[/mention] Rola V-Tech with Extension. I believe Delta50 has it on one of his Pathys too. I am also mounting one.

Rola V-Tex 59504 (by Draw Tite)

RolaV-Tex 59505Extension 18 3/4”

74” bottom center to bottom center with extension

48”x37.5”x5” OUTSIDE

46-48”x37”x4” INSIDE

Bars: Top 1.5”, Bottom 1”, Cross 3/4”(6+5+6)

Screws #10-32 Self Tapping (Quantity#12)

Ext +15”

50#(35#Rack +15#Ext)

130# Capacity

5yr Warranty

http://www.rolaproducts.com/support/installation/N59504.pdf

http://www.rolaproducts.com/support/installation/N59505.pdf

(888) 521-0510

PATH DIMENSIONS

71"Front to Spoiler Up

54.5" Sunroof to Spoiler Up

41" Wide

80e5f08aa4be3aa5ee1df6126b86b998.jpg

Look at[mention=40509]Pathy_02[/mention] Rola V-Tech with Extension. I believe Delta50 has it on one of his Pathys too. I am also mounting one.
48”x37.5”x5” OUTSIDE
46-48”x37”x4” INSIDE
Ext +15”
50#(35#Rack +15#Ext)
130# Capacity
5yr Warranty
(888) 521-0510

PATH DIMENSIONS
71"Front to Spoiler Up
41" Wide

Might have to swap out the Yakima for that.....

I was thinking something more like this but I might be doing that as welle65c49220daf631f23aa479f61985869.jpg

15 hours ago, joshrichard said:

A full length custom roof rack would be cool!

Totally agree.  We’ve lightly discussed it.  I personally am planning to go to a full length rack to replace the aluminum mini- rack I built. It’s worked fine, but I simply need more surface area. Still debating whether I’ll stay between the rails, or go atop them, since that’d probably give several more sqft, plus mounting options for awnings, camp lights, tie down points, tool mounts, and so forth. 

Biggest challenge for stuff like that is shipping, materials, part lengths, and effectively two R50 roof rack systems.  I had some ideas for modular panels (i.e. 3 panels to make a full length, 2 panels for behind sunroof, etc.), as that would make for an easier-to-ship and possibly assembly-free product.  We’ll be revisiting ideas at some point I’m sure. 

• Like 1

I was thinking something more like this but I might be doing that as welle65c49220daf631f23aa479f61985869.jpg

I live in the T4R world as well. Take a look at what they want for some of those flat racks-check out Gobi & FrontRunner for example.

Once I get my swingate on, I was going to see if I couldn’t get a T4R hatch ladder to attach to our truck. Almost had the chance to check fitment recently.

I live in the T4R world as well. Take a look at what they want for some of those flat racks-check out Gobi & FrontRunner for example.

Once I get my swingate on, I was going to see if I couldn’t get a T4R hatch ladder to attach to our truck. Almost had the chance to check fitment recently.

Yeah I know... it’s like a new car

48”x37.5”x5” OUTSIDE
46-48”x37”x4” INSIDE
Ext +15”
50#(35#Rack +15#Ext)
130# Capacity
5yr Warranty
(888) 521-0510

PATH DIMENSIONS
71"Front to Spoiler Up
41" Wide

How to mount it low in the rails though. I have one that I can get for free but struggle figuring out a mounting option on the tracks that I have on my LE. I like how low this sits.

• Like 1