04 Build Thread (R50)

joshrichard

Nice rig!  Had to replace the fuel filler neck and the lines too, alongside new headlights and future spark plugs.  Have you settled on any aftermarket lights?

https://www.headlightsdepot.com/99-04-nissan-pathfinder-headlight-front-left-driver-right-passenger-side.html?SID=3bd8817b6d344992e3cf967f6f56247f&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyJt-zl8mF2-V5DZHB0jlubrUe0AM1Q6mSTQUhB-QK5IgwtFmKXi4SAaAneaEALw_wcB

I’m thinking about these and pairing them up with some plug and play LED’s

6 hours ago, joshrichard said:

I strongly advise against those. I purchased them and the beam pattern in very inconsistent. If there is nothing wrong with the oem assemblies I recommend keeping them. If they are yellow, then replace with oem used.

I strongly advise against those. I purchased them and the beam pattern in very inconsistent. If there is nothing wrong with the oem assemblies I recommend keeping them. If they are yellow, then replace with oem used.

Noted! Thanks

What did you decide for the final lift? BTW, post that outside shot from IG, it shows the truck really well.

1eb25532bf7b4010373da4e2884cea90.jpg

I decided to go with the 1.5 spacer in the front, then AC springs in the rear with Bilstein 5100’s. I also got camber bolts in the front with manual hubs and a 1/4 spacer in the front because the tires weren’t comfortably fitting in there for me. Then all of that are sitting on some 260/70/17 Rated E Nitto Crosstek’s that I scored for free. Had to do a tiny amount of replacement fitting for the splash guard but took about 5 minutes. I think it looks awesome in real life!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

d793fd1ca98e2b7cca5553ff3242deeb.jpg
Loaded the bikes and some people up and went for a ride yesterday, the weather was amazing. After riding on the AC springs in the rear for a few weeks I love how they ride. They are definitely very stiff but I enjoy it, especially when loaded up the springs sat level, and that was with the bike rack, 4 bikes, and 4 people in the truck. Really enjoying the better handling as well!

• Like 4

Squeaking in the back during acceleration, Sway Bar bushings or lower trailing arm bushings? It used to do it only when it rained but since the lift it does it everytime I hit a bump or everytime I accelerate quickly which makes me think both. Should I replace the sway bar bushings in the rear? I read people using polyeurathane bushings?

I replaced my sway bar bushings and the squeak went away for me. I also replaced my lower trailing arms as well but I never really got any noise from them prior to replacing them. 

My trailing arms are pretty donezo, any recommendations for them? Should I replace the sway bar bushings with poly bushings?
  • Like 1

I replaced my sway bar bushings and the squeak went away for me. I also replaced my lower trailing arms as well but I never really got any noise from them prior to replacing them. 

AC has the poly sway bar bushings. I think there may be sway bar links with bushings back there as well. With regard to rear upper & lower control arms, be aware that this is something[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] is starting to produce. See@Jax99 build thread.b07b4511f933ace4822cd0127632bd63.jpg 

• Like 1

PM@TowndawgR50 He &@hawairish are ramping up an aftermarket business for R50s. I’m not sure they’re up to full time production yet but you can put yourself on their list & start a conversation. I believe this is just the beginning of good things to come (SFD kits, bumper brackets, sliders or slider adapters, maybe eventually MOLLE panels & skids. You may decide against it now or later, or it may be just what you want. I already have a heavy duty set but I just figured better to be in the know & make a conscious decision rather than find out about it later.

16 hours ago, joshrichard said:

My trailing arms are pretty donezo, any recommendations for them? Should I replace the sway bar bushings with poly bushings?

I just replaced the whole trailing arms that I got from RockAuto, I didn't feel like pressing out the old bushings but I kind of regret not putting poly bushings in. Now that @TowndawgR50 and @hawairish are making parts for our rigs I might upgrade to their trailing arms. Also if you use poly bushings they could squeak more if they're not lubed with grease so just FYI on that. The Moog rubber bushings I used are quiet until they go bad again

• Like 2

better to be in the know & make a conscious decision rather than find out about it later.

Yes, thank you. Would definitely rather go that route. I know how meticulous those two are with their rigs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1