04 Build Thread (R50)

joshrichard

A little bit of an update, I thought those two bolts were what connected the catalytic converts, but after closer look they were just resonators so I decided to just cut out
Both resonators and weld in pipe in between. That sound mixed with the flow master muffler I already have made the truck sound very good. I’m really happy with the sound of the truck now, I would try to get a video but it’s so hard to get a video of the sound of an exhaust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshrichard said:

A little bit of an update, I thought those two bolts were what connected the catalytic converts, but after closer look they were just resonators so I decided to just cut out
Both resonators and weld in pipe in between. That sound mixed with the flow master muffler I already have made the truck sound very good. I’m really happy with the sound of the truck now, I would try to get a video but it’s so hard to get a video of the sound of an exhaust.

Ya it usually comes out sounding tinny and crappy. my 01 qx4 actually does have cats where those resonators are. thinking about taking some measurements and having a shop make me some test pipes to delete them 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

6d68547a5e677d6d6ef29977e9bfbc96.jpg Picked up this Scion coupe for a good price and will help when commuting from college, work, and home. The pathfinder was too bad in gas mileage to justify keeping it especially with the amount of time I spend driving. Looking to sell it, but toying with the idea of keeping it in the family. Loved this car as it was my first and glad I found this forum along with everybody that helped! Will update in whether I’m keeping it or not but still undecided. I plan to stay on this forum and communicate with everybody!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here's and idea! Sell the Scion and use the money to put one of those 2.5l Cummins motors in the Pathfinder! Then you'll get like 30mpg and it'll be cheaper than paying off that scion haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, micahfelker said:

Here's and idea! Sell the Scion and use the money to put one of those 2.5l Cummins motors in the Pathfinder! Then you'll get like 30mpg and it'll be cheaper than paying off that scion haha 

Mind. Blown. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 7:47 AM, RainGoat said:

AC has the poly sway bar bushings. I think there may be sway bar links with bushings back there as well. With regard to rear upper & lower control arms, be aware that this is something[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] is starting to produce. See@Jax99 build thread.b07b4511f933ace4822cd0127632bd63.jpg 

God I want these!!!

On 1/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, 02_Pathy said:

I just replaced the whole trailing arms that I got from RockAuto, I didn't feel like pressing out the old bushings but I kind of regret not putting poly bushings in. Now that @TowndawgR50 and @hawairish are making parts for our rigs I might upgrade to their trailing arms. Also if you use poly bushings they could squeak more if they're not lubed with grease so just FYI on that. The Moog rubber bushings I used are quiet until they go bad again

Those aftermarket ones just aren’t as beefy as the oem ones. Poly bushings are definitely the way to go! And if you’re worried about squeak you can always drill and put in your own zerks

Edited by Sjackson2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sjackson2 said:

Thoseaftermarket ones just aren’t as beefy as the oem ones. Poly bushings are definitely the way to go! And if you’re worried about steak you can always drill and put in your own zerks

The OEM ones are just as weak as the aftermarket ones.

• Like 1

Today was the day the pathfinder was sold, definitely really bummed about it. We got a good price out of it but sad to see your first car go. Although when we traded it in we gained a new addition to the family! e5845000d4a72aa48f9021fb3c701d34.jpg

We got a 2018 TRD Sport Tacoma and man is this thing sweet

• Sad 1

Today was the day the pathfinder was sold, definitely really bummed about it. We got a good price out of it but sad to see your first car go. Although when we traded it in we gained a new addition to the family! e5845000d4a72aa48f9021fb3c701d34.jpg

We got a 2018 TRD Sport Tacoma and man is this thing sweet

That sure was a quick run. I hope you pointed the owner in NPORA’s direction (or was it a dealer trade-in, if so, you should have left a NPORA message in the glovebox or just inside the owner’s manual).
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, I’m from KC & would have figured people went to KC or St.L or Columbia. Those prices are Seattle like & usually it’s crazy here compared to back home on everything else.

• Like 1