04 Build Thread (R50)

joshrichard

What kind of lift is the first one running? Those are both pretty good deals. There’s a 99 facelift with 110k miles for 3500 over here
https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/nampa-1999-nissan-pathfinder/6787821681.html

I’m not sure he doesn’t even mention the lift in the description, the truck intrigues me because I saw it over the past summer and we waved at each other at the mall. The truck is extremely clean and well maintained.
  • Like 1

I got scared for a second, thought that first one was yours!  Didn't take long to notice the difference though.  Nice looking vehicles for sure!

Haha I plan to keep mine until it dies. I had a buddy look at the red one on the bottom earlier today and it was perfect. No door dings and didn’t even have a lick of rust. Old couple who really cared about it, very impressed.
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 11:54 PM, PathyDude17 said:

What kind of lift is the first one running? Those are both pretty good deals. There’s a 99 facelift with 110k miles for 3500 over here

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/nampa-1999-nissan-pathfinder/6787821681.html

Definitely some clean looking rides over there, but the one in this link incorrectly lists it as having the 3.5. The 3.5 didn't come into play until 2001.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 10:55 AM, Jax99 said:

LR coils are HD, I had medium duty ome (old man emu) coils and 5100s recently. It really depends on what you plan on doing with ur truck how far you wanna go with it and how rough the terrain wil be that you plan on going through. Nothing wrong with the 5100 and MD ome set up and I never had any issues but the 5165s and LR are definitely a worthy upgrade to me that have noticeable differences in feel and performance.

Again just kinda depends on what you plan on doing. IMO, if you’re gonna contemplate on doing that ‘later on’ then I’d just do it now and not waste money on a set up with MD and 5100s that you’re gonna get rid off sooner than later for the LR upgrade if that’s gonna be on your mind.
Tons of posts on people’s takes on the set up and in the end they’re both way better than stock lol so it’ll be up to you on what you want.

Nice call on ordering a link... definitely first priority to get that done before anything else. I slap my head to this day on not having that earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on the same path and looking at the LR NRC4305 for the rear. When looking at the Bilstein 5165s there are different valvings.  What would you recommend?

https://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/bilstein_5165.cfm

I am on the same path and looking at the LR NRC4305 for the rear. When looking at the Bilstein 5165s there are different valvings.  What would you recommend?

https://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/bilstein_5165.cfm

Honestly do not know. The picture showed the same swivel fittings for mine too but they didn’t come
With it. You could get the bilstein 7100 as the parts are interchangeable because it’s rebuildable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

e62fda50a19b0466614992500669bbbe.jpg6cadd98c2b238ca5621f49579e23fed5.jpge3852328a65456612aacef68b0717a32.jpg8e74b0cf793369b4dfeb62324c2a0202.jpgc1eab786e3c46a8e754a827c2333cb2f.jpg5f6bde62b605e3738cbc2a4cf5be4cd5.jpg64313e72f3d65a46b40f46901b142a06.jpge62fda50a19b0466614992500669bbbe.jpge62fda50a19b0466614992500669bbbe.jpg

Went out to get dirty today and did just that. Absolutely loved these muddy/rocky trails. l Easily out wheeled my brothers 02 4runner, even with his fancy shmancy rear locker Set_2_smile.gif . Although when he gets his lift and tires it’ll be a different story. There were a couple of tricky spots such as the first pic and the pics when the truck was in this position, super slick as well. Most of the mud pits had ice on them which made them so much more fun! All in all It was a great day and I fell more in love with my pathfinder which I didn’t know was possible . On my way home I did find out something annoying... my drivers speaker is cutting in and out, it’s been doing it for awhile when I hit big bumps but today it was half way in and half way out so was making some weird noises every 20 mins or so. Annoying but I’m going to check the wires going to the speakers someday when the weather is nice.

Just realized I have 3 of the same picture, oops!!

• Like 4

Not sure, but if you have your heart set on that I bet I could pull one from a junkyard and get it to you for about half that

I was planning on heading to a local junkyard and looking for one, but was wondering the process of installing them

1 minute ago, joshrichard said:

I was planning on heading to a local junkyard and looking for one, but was wondering the process of installing them

If I'm not mistaken I believe there are two types of spoilers on how they mounted. When I was at a junkyard I found a spoiler on a '01 which I was gonna take till I found out that the spoiler seemed to be bolted to the hatch and the bolts had to accessed underneath the door panel which also meant I had to drill my hatch. Then I heard other spoilers attach via the hatch hinges which would be much simpler obviously but hopefully someone can show pictures or have insight on how they mount, that was just from my experience on what I saw on the earlier face lifted R50's.

If I'm not mistaken I believe there are two types of spoilers on how they mounted. When I was at a junkyard I found a spoiler on a '01 which I was gonna take till I found out that the spoiler seemed to be bolted to the hatch and the bolts had to accessed underneath the door panel which also meant I had to drill my hatch. Then I heard other spoilers attach via the hatch hinges which would be much simpler obviously but hopefully someone can show pictures or have insight on how they mount, that was just from my experience on what I saw on the earlier face lifted R50's.

Exactly so! Our ‘02+ LEs mount the spoiler onto a piece that is also the glass hinge. An earlier version mount independently outboard of that location directly to the hatch metal. I would use this system, however the deflector really just gets in the way of stuff on the rack. Especially if you’re putting on a full rack. 71f1c1d180c86023fa8d8e07c78bd9df.jpg

• Like 1

Help please!!

So yesterday i was driving like normal, but when I pulled up to a light my exhaust was rattling like crazy. I go under to check to see what it is and the bolt that holds the piping directly after the catalytic converter is freaking busted?!!!!!!?? So I decide okay well I might as well change both the bolts, but when I try to take the other one off it IMMEDIATELY snapped... so now I have a VERY loud car and neighbors that probably aren’t too happy with me. Any suggestions for to get the bolts out or what?? By the way the back of the bolts are so rusted that you can’t even see the threads.