Thankful for NPORA r50 thread

dirtymike

Just wanted to reflect over what I’ve learned from this forum. When I joined I was 16 in high school with a stock pathfinder and was clueless. Now I’m 25 with the same pathfinder and it’s about as built up as it can be until I go custom fab with it. Through reaserch and communication I have been able to build my pathfinder into what it is today. I feel that this forum is so much better than any Facebook group or things of that nature. I have joined some of these groups recently and I have found that all it is is people who have no idea what they are talking about making posts and wanting there car magically diagnosed and everyone asking questions about what lift I have or what size tires I have or how many miles are on my car etc etc etc when I have answered the question time after time and made posts about my build info. It made me realize how lazy people are and the lack of reaserch that is performed in order to make your dream pathfinder a reality. I just wanted to take a moment to thank people for telling newbies to go do homework before asking questions, that all the answers are literally right on this very forum and that it’s easy to find and get answers without bothering everyone with simple questions. I now have a coil lift with a sub frame drop, full belly skid plates, supersliders, locking hubs, 33s, and an endless list of other modifications, it took many years of hard work and experimentation but without this forum I would be where I am today. Here’s to those who have walked the same line as me and built their dream with the help of this forum. Cheers. 

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to reflect over what I’ve learned from this forum. When I joined I was 16 in high school with a stock pathfinder and was clueless. Now I’m 25 with the same pathfinder and it’s about as built up as it can be until I go custom fab with it. Through reaserch and communication I have been able to build my pathfinder into what it is today. I feel that this forum is so much better than any Facebook group or things of that nature. I have joined some of these groups recently and I have found that all it is is people who have no idea what they are talking about making posts and wanting there car magically diagnosed and everyone asking questions about what lift I have or what size tires I have or how many miles are on my car etc etc etc when I have answered the question time after time and made posts about my build info. It made me realize how lazy people are and the lack of reaserch that is performed in order to make your dream pathfinder a reality. I just wanted to take a moment to thank people for telling newbies to go do homework before asking questions, that all the answers are literally right on this very forum and that it’s easy to find and get answers without bothering everyone with simple questions. I now have a coil lift with a sub frame drop, full belly skid plates, supersliders, locking hubs, 33s, and an endless list of other modifications, it took many years of hard work and experimentation but without this forum I would be where I am today. Here’s to those who have walked the same line as me and built their dream with the help of this forum. Cheers. 

Wow, this post is just the motivation I needed. Coincidentally, I am a 16-year-old high school student with a stock R50 Pathy that has been in my family since I was conceived (my parents wanted a larger car to accommodate a child, and my mother’s 1990 Isuzu Stylus wasn’t exactly a perfect fit LOL). The Pathy means the world to me, and I plan on holding on to her as long as I live. This past summer, the ol’ girl was passed down the line to me. I have been very interested in cars, but never had the chance to work with a car hands-on. Since then, I’ve made a few modifications to my truck, all of which I was able to learn to do myself by joining this community. I have a rust-removal/restoration project on my agenda, and although there were no existing topics on exactly what needed to be done, I just replied to an old restoration post with my question on the details of lightly-rusted underbody restoration. Within two days, I had about 12 or so member responses, which were all very helpful. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope one day, when I am a bit older, I too can share the story of my Pathfinder!
  • Like 4