How to convert to a 2wd??

CrusaderTanker

I have a 4x4 wd21 pathy that I am looking to change over to a rear wheel only. The frame is rotted and im looking to lighten the load on what I have left and tube the rest of the rotted areas. Seems no one in my area is willing to do frame repair so tube bracing it is. From that stand point I think there is a 2wd variant of the pathfinder however I can not seem to find either the hubs that will fit my truck or even a build of anyone who has pitched their 4 wheel drive before. May be stupid but its the goal and plan to build this truck in a different speed and possibly turn it into something fantastic. Or fail tragically either way I am going to send it. Any ideas on what I need to look for or parts lists and where to find them? Thanks in advance both to the trolls and those that help.

There was a factory 2WD variant, but I doubt they made that many of them. If you've gotta have the factory parts, look for a 2WD Hardbody at the wreckers. I think the suspension was different, too. The steering linkage was different enough that some guys use it for a strength upgrade over the bizarre centerlink on the 4WD models.

The easy/cheap way would be to disassemble the outer joints on the CVs so you've got stubs to put in the holes in the knuckles, then just remove the front diff and driveshaft. No new parts needed, so if it doesn't work out, you haven't lost much.

That said, these tend to rot out in the back first, so the front drive components are probably not the thing that's stressing what's left of your frame.