Antitheft Alarm Keeps Setting Itself

SCJax2018

I have a 1996 Pathfinder that I bought and I didn't get a factory key pad with the thing. The darn good for nothing alarm system somehow keeps setting itself and goes off when I get into the vehicle and because I don't have a key pad or anything to shut the darn thing off I end up undoing the battery cable and waiting for 10 to 15 min. Is there any way possible to permanently disable that good for nothing thing? Tried pulling the Keyless relays, but pull Keyless one the engine won't start and pull Keyless 2 you have no turn signals.

• 1 month later...

Hey, where did you buy your new key fob ? 

I have the same problem with my Pathy 1999.5 SE, the old fob with new battery not working. Locking the car manually and the alarm goes off every hour. Neighbors love it..

Did buy a fob from an online site but it does not work after trying repeatedly to reprogram it. Admittadly got the cheapest one for around $20 and maybe this the you get what you pay for kind of thing.. there must be a more reliable fob replacement in the market.

Does anyone have any leads or have bought one that worked? Really appreciate any leads!

Edited by Mihls99

22 hours ago, Mihls99 said:

Hey, where did you buy your new key fob ?

I went to a local locksmith here where I live. Nissan wanted like $180 for the fob and $35 to program it which they were politely told where to put it. At the locksmith I paid like $45 for the fob and they gave me the directions how to program it and I programed it myself in less than a minute and a half. Very easy very idiot proof.

• Like 2