What’s going on??

joshrichard

The truck will try to turn over but only crank. After usually 2 or 3 tries it will turn over but super harsh and die then when i try it again it’ll start and the rpms will shoot up then go down and all the lights and everything will turn off like it dies then it will go back up and level out. I have a video but can’t figure out how to put it on here.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:40 PM, Wacky_Pathy said:

Could be an alternator problem. Just fixed my dads blazer with the same issue.

Christmas display on dash is alternator until ruled out. Hook your pathy up with another vehicle running right via jumper cables. see if the delivery of good voltage fixes the problem if it does, or at least makes it better there is the first thing to fix.

• Like 1

Alt issues are indicated by this series of lights ( AT oil temp, seatbelt, brake, battery, check engine) while the engine is running. 
img][img]

[/img]https://imgur.com/a/8r0Zf

I see, thank you. I ran the codes and I don’t remember the codes exactly but one was Evap leak (negative pressure) and i’m 99% sure it’s a little tube that connects to the fuel filler neck but i’ve been putting it off because it’s going to be a pain to replace lol. The other one was “Catalyst system efficiency below threshold” which i think has to do with my 02 sensor IIRC. Could an 02 sensor cause this problem?

On 11/17/2018 at 12:38 PM, joshrichard said:

I see, thank you. I ran the codes and I don’t remember the codes exactly but one was Evap leak (negative pressure) and i’m 99% sure it’s a little tube that connects to the fuel filler neck but i’ve been putting it off because it’s going to be a pain to replace lol. The other one was “Catalyst system efficiency below threshold” which i think has to do with my 02 sensor IIRC. Could an 02 sensor cause this problem?

When my 02 sensors were bad mine started up just fine besides throwing the check engine light. They're really just for emissions, shouldn't cause your truck to start like that. I'm going to say it's something else

Edited by 02_Pathy
  • Like 1

When my 02 sensors were bad mine started up just fine besides throwing the check engine light. They're really just for emissions, shouldn't cause your truck to start like that. I'm going to say it's your alt

I checked my alt and it’s working just fine

2 minutes ago, joshrichard said:

I checked my alt and it’s working just fine
emoji848.png

I didn't mean to say alt, I tried changing it but I guess it didn't work lol. Try cleaning your MAF sensor and potentially that EVAP leak could cause issues with the computer saying somethings wrong  so it's trying to adjust to that 

• Like 1

I didn't mean to say alt, I tried changing it but I guess it didn't work lol. Try cleaning your MAF sensor and potentially that EVAP leak could cause issues with the computer saying somethings wrong  so it's trying to adjust to that 

It was the MAF Sensor, running too rich and fouled all the plugs. The throttle body needs cleaning as well. Going to get on that tomorrow hopefully, because I have a lot of Thanksgiving cleaning to do today  

• Like 1