Best Idler arm?

Wacky_Pathy

I'm in need of a new idler arm at some point this month. I've noticed it getting worse gradually, more play in steering wheel, alignment sucks ass, and I moved the actual wheel back and forth yesterday and that arm moved up and down like I've never seen before. Whats a good company to go with? Should I get a moog idler arm or get a stock one and a brace from AC?

I suspect that the brass bushing in the arm is toast! I think you might be able to just throw on a stock new one from one of our fine vendors and be good to go. If you off-road a lot I would get the AC brace, but mine has taken a beating and is still good without the brace (at least... as far as I can tell!!) I would tell you to get the Beck/ Arnely because it seems that it is the only one with a grease port. None of the others seem to have one!

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=493175&cc=1211926&jsn=525

• Like 1

The 555/Ac delco professional one is the best aftermarket. Otherwise just rebuild your stock one with the bronze bushings. The stock ones are NOT brass, they're nylon/plastic. Kind of like what timing chain guides are made of.