Quirky (I hope) issues! No sound from speakers, but tweeters work, and no light in the shifter ( P, R, N, D...)

r1000

Hello all, I've purchased a used 2004 R50 SE.  

The dealer told me about the radio "issue"!  However, I don't think it's a radio issue as it turns on and tunes to stations and pushes sounds to the tweeter.  Or maybe it is?? I've read in other general forums not specific to Nissan that maybe the factory amp.  Do these even have amps between radio and speakers?  If so... where?

My commute is long.. so I neeeed a radio

Also, my shifter area is completely black...no lights at all!!!  Hoping it's just the bulb and if so, how do I get to it?

Radio issues a little complicated if you have the Bose. Getting to the radio is easy. If you have a double DIN there are awesome options available for reasonable prices.

BTW, fix your Power Valves
POWER VALVES
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/?do=embed

• 4 months later...
On 11/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, r1000 said:

Also, my shifter area is completely black...no lights at all!!!  Hoping it's just the bulb and if so, how do I get to it?

To answer this question, checking the bulb should be pretty easy. I just did it.

1) Untwist your 4x4 lever and remove.
2) Use something that wont mar plastic (trim tools are great) and gently, but firmly, pry the overall plastic trim piece up from the seam just to the side of the 4x4 shifter. It'll all pop up.

3) Remove the big plastic panel by maneuvering it over the trans shifter, turn it sideways.

4) From here the PRNDL and it's surrounding plastic still remains. At the forward portion of that you'll see (2) wires running into the PRNDL area, those go to the bulb. Where the wires go in you should be able to pinch the base of the bulb connection and twist to remove the bulb.

Note: The wiring is a little tight, but there should be enough slack to pull the bulb out. It'll have a blue covering on it. Easy to replace, just get a replacement.

Edited by zakzackzachary

The EL section of the service manual has diagrams of the Bose and base systems. Should help you track down what's up. The base system shows the door speakers and tweeters wired together after the amp, the Bose looks like it's got a little amp of some variety on each door speaker. The schematic makes it look the the amp is built into the speaker or attached to it in some way. There's probably a location of electrical units diagram or something in there as well. Good luck!

• Like 1