Complications with getting lift

joshrichard

On 11/5/2018 at 2:48 PM, mjotrainbrain said:

First of all, you'll have to cut pretty much everything to make 35's fit with a 2" lift.

Now, as far as mods needed got a 2" lift, all you have to worry about is the camber bolts.  The rest isn't needed until you go higher.  Steering shaft only needs extending when you do an SFD, brake lines and brake sensor should be ok (although brake lines are easy enough to replace with OEM parts from other Nissans; @hawairish knows the details for that) unless you go 3 inches or more, and CV angle will only be an issue with over 2" of lift with spacers at full droop.  With a spring lift like you seemed to suggest you're planning to get, you shouldn't have any issues with CV binding since the suspension still has the exact same range of travel as before, it's just that the CV will be at a higher angle more often so it'll wear out quicker than normal; they should still last a good long time, but for under $200 you can put your mind at ease and reap some other benefits with some manual hubs.

Im about to install my 2.5" lift spacers and i cannot seem to find camber bolts (the right ones) anywhere. could someone give me a link or reference for where to get the right camber bolts?

Im about to install my 2.5" lift spacers and i cannot seem to find camber bolts (the right ones) anywhere. could someone give me a link or reference for where to get the right camber bolts?
The link I sent were basically the same design as I'm using right now. I only needed 1 pair for my camber

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The bolts have a narrower shaft with an eccentric inner lobe of the same diameter as the strut hole, that allows the offset to adjust based on the clock position of the bolt head.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome info, Y'all almost have me talked into it.  I've been reading the posts about the Land Rover springs.  Seems like a good idea to go for those all the way around for a 2" lift.  AND, with a 2" lift I shouldn't have to do anything other than the springs.

Awesome info, Y'all almost have me talked into it.  I've been reading the posts about the Land Rover springs.  Seems like a good idea to go for those all the way around for a 2" lift.  AND, with a 2" lift I shouldn't have to do anything other than the springs.

Not sure the LRs work up front
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 7:38 PM, AlabamaDan said:

Okay.  33s?

I had to trim/roll my fenders and cut away the flares near the door to make 285/75/16's fit without severe rubbing. I also had to use 2" wheel spacers in the front.  In the rear its not so bad, no need to trim or space but I will occasionally bottom out going over obstacles and it a gap is starting to appear between the body and fender flares in the rear.

wedding.jpg

• Like 1

^ notice the mud. The spacers on the front means I throw a lot of mud and it can come in the window. If you plan on actually wheeling then lift, trim 33 is a very good thing to do.  Bigger tires are the only way to lift the diff. Don't go up in wheel size, just go up in tire size. A deflated 15" has more foot print than a deflated 16" which has more than a 17". Also because we can't really lift our trucks armor is a good idea. Full skid plate including diff cover set with rock/super sliders. At least it is in the Ozarks where I wheel.

• Like 2

+1 on the Ozarks. I’m a native Kansas Citian & that area was the best regional outdoors unless you drove a day to CO. The Ozarks are Karst topography which is unique to there & a place in China. That’s what makes it go up & down at such steep grades. Down by Johnson Shut Ins is where I rekindled my love of the outdoors in my 20s. Also hit the Ouchitas in OK & Big Bend has n Tx (very far away)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, joshrichard said:

I didn’t know there was somebody in the Ozarks! I love the scenery here

Me, I am the only modded R50 in the area I know of. I get some love from some of the other rare Nissan wheelers, but mostly strange lookers from the Jeepers and Yotalerders. For the Ozarks the R50 is ideally sized and its only draw back is the damnable unibody that blocks real lift.  If you are on the FB page I am Jason Belcourt send me a fr and I'll link you in to the Natural State Overland page. We do 2 big events a year in the Ozarks.

Me, I am the only modded R50 in the area I know of. I get some love from some of the other rare Nissan wheelers, but mostly strange lookers from the Jeepers and Yotalerders. For the Ozarks the R50 is ideally sized and its only draw back is the damnable unibody that blocks real lift.  If you are on the FB page I am Jason Belcourt send me a fr and I'll link you in to the Natural State Overland page. We do 2 big events a year in the Ozarks.

Got it, yeah I’ve only seen 4 lifted Pathfinders in my town and have only seen them a couple times. I want to get them on NPORA!
  • Like 1