Another 0325 knock sensor code

mickmutante

Those two months had been changing and repairing parts from the pathy... on June two valve strikers broke, no mayor damage... Had to change all the valve strikers and repair one camshaft, no damage on the engine.

Since they have to disassemble the engine, we change the knock sensor (it had 0325 code) with an OEM sensor... After that... again... 0325 code... so....

One moth ago, I went to gas inspection, did not pass... We found that all the injectors we dirty, clean them up... and all the injectors start to leak... I change the injectors with Hitachis... and change again the knock sensor with one that my mechanic had.... Again.. 0325 code... We verified the cables, conductivity, etc.. and it is good.. no problem with that... Ask with another mechanic about sensors and told me that maybe some OEM sensors may not be read by the ECU... because of materials, construction, frequency, etc...

So I decide to buy the original.. (Hitachi) I bought at RockAuto.... Installed... And again... 0325 code...

Maybe is how the mechanic install the sensor, should the two cables that comes out of the harness have to be welded... or just one cable and ground (screw)

What should I do... Ignore the code?

Thanks

I wouldn't ignore it, I've read in the past that with the code the ignition will be retarded because the ecu thinks it is bad gas.  I did the mod on top in the back of the engine in the, and got the 0325 code once after changing the plugs, must have jiggled the wire enough not to make contact.  Anyway, in an emergency when I got the first 0325 I did the resistor trick in order to pass smog, then when I had time I did the top of the engine mod.  If all else fails you could do the resistor trick like I did, if you search you should be able to find the value of the resistor - I don't remember it now it was a while back.

• Like 1

For what i have read... Does the knock sensor in the VG33E engine is "dumb", or something like that... I mean, the engine has a distributor to ignite the spark, so the knock sensor can not delay or advance the ignition... I do not know if I am wrong...

2 hours ago, mickmutante said:

For what i have read... Does the knock sensor in the VG33E engine is "dumb", or something like that... I mean, the engine has a distributor to ignite the spark, so the knock sensor can not delay or advance the ignition... I do not know if I am wrong...

Then it would not make sense to have a knock sensor, but I could be wrong.