Hello from the NJ pine barrens (new build)

The_Cvtvlyst

Hey everybody! Totally new to the forums. I was overjoyed when i found out about the NPORA. I'm 24 and got my 02 pathy LE 4wd 2 years ago with only 66k on the odometer. She came mint and completely stock. Originally wanted a jeep but fell in love with the R50 body style and wanted to be a little different. Haven't looked back. I'm hoping to get some build advice as she's my first 4x4, and discuss with some people who share my love of this truck. My profile has a picture of her in her current state. All I've done thus far is some cosmetic improvements, dip the badges and rims...nothing really under the hood other then replacing some OEM parts, new plugs and such. 

Edited by The_Cvtvlyst
  • Like 1

Welcome! With only 66k miles you might need to confirm your power valve screws have threadlocker on them.

Someone else will have to chime in on whether or not your engine could be effected or not. I think there’s certain production dates and stuff.

I just briefly looked up the power valve thing and read a guys story about his 2002 QX4’s engine biting the dust.

I love these vehicles too and I think they’re great to own and work on.

• Like 1

Welcome! With only 66k miles you might need to confirm your power valve screws have threadlocker on them.

Someone else will have to chime in on whether or not your engine could be effected or not. I think there’s certain production dates and stuff.

I just briefly looked up the power valve thing and read a guys story about his 2002 QX4’s engine biting the dust.

I love these vehicles too and I think they’re great to own and work on.

Oh yeah, I have an ‘02 LE & it happened to me. Definitely step one to fix.

POWER VALVES
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/?do=embed

My sad tale....5 screws gone
67b3be58743e377951a0d8e5a69ead46.jpg
You don’t want to end up like this
a2fd3a76e4c4607aefa3eaf15e06dc35.jpg
  • Like 2