Aux Button

amb4081

did you buy the car used? cause if so it is an aftermarket switch that was installed, I have 3 switches 2 heated seat and the "AUX", my AUX is a trunk release button for my rear hatch, but when I bought the car it was just a plastic spacer to cover the hole

Did you install the hatch release switch? If so, how did you add the hatch release to you Pathy? I am interested in installing one. What year is your Pathy, mine is 2001 LE.

Thanks

I have a 2002 LE 4X4, I removed the door handle on the inside of the rear door and then removed the whole panel, then I installed a trunk release Solenoid and bolted it to one of the many holes, then I ran a wire from it trough to the front of the car and added the button in the empty space, it is hard wired to the battery so it will work if the car is not on.

Using a trunk release solenoid to have a keyless rear-glass-open feature would be nice. If you install 2 solenoids (one for the hatch/glass lock mechanism, and the other for the hatch-release) you could have the best of both worlds!

Great posts guys,

What type of solenoid was it? I am not familiar with solenoids at all. Where would you buy one? Why would you need two of them? As detailed as you can be, how did you guys install them?

Thanks in advance!!

:beer:

Edited by lbinh

Back to the original question - in my fathers 01 LE the AUX switch controlled the sound for the VCP installed in the back.

Thanks for all of the responses. I'll have to look into the trunk release idea. That would be very convenient.

Row, you answered my question. Thanks.

It is not my vehicle...YET. I am still looking right now. I saw that button on an LE equipped with the VCP. Now I know why.

Great posts guys,

What type of solenoid was it? I am not familiar with solenoids at all. Where would you buy one? Why would you need two of them? As detailed as you can be, how did you guys install them?

Thanks in advance!!

look on ebay for trunk release solenoids, i said 2 because you can install 2 one for the glass window and one for the actual trunk door

Is there an sub amplifier with an on/off switch? I recieved a box sub from a friend and was thinking of getting an amp. I wondering if they had such an amp or if it is possible to toggle the power to the amp with an aux button when my son is in the car.

Great posts guys,

What type of solenoid was it?  I am not familiar with solenoids at all.  Where would you buy one? Why would you need two of them?  As detailed as you can be, how did you guys install them?

Thanks in advance!!

look on ebay for trunk release solenoids, i said 2 because you can install 2 one for the glass window and one for the actual trunk door

So what kind of a brain surgeon do you need to be to do this?

I think it would be a great thing to install...

So what kind of a brain surgeon do you need to be to do this?

I think it would be a great thing to install...

I have No past experience doing anything with cars, it was one of my first mods, once you remove that back panel and put the key in the whole and turn it to understand how the locking mechanism works you will find it really really easy there are so many pre-drilled holes back there and you should not hvae too much trouble, the only tricky thing was getting enough tension on the metal string on the solenoid. either than that id say 3 or 4 out of 10 on diffuculty