Anime Discussion

88pathoffroad

"I know how to drive when I'm stoned"

Huh? :blink:

Anyway did some research on Gasuraki and couldn't find much. Then I found that it's spelled Gasaraki. A box set as well as individual DVD's are available at www.animenation.com as well as from www.amazon.com

Heavy Metal was the movie that got me started on Anime, then along came Heavy Metal 2000 and then Akira. Heavy Metal 2000 is the movie that I used to introduce my friends to anime, needless to say it was a rousing success.

I have the past couple of Anime Unleashed series saved on my TiVo, I haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

:idea: That's it.. seeing those bikes made me miss my YZR125 I learned to ride on..and the TZR250....darn they were fast... (England...no restrictions)...hmmmm....

It's a quote from Heavy Metal.

Cool about the Gasaraki, I hadn't resorted to an internet search yet, was still trying to find it locally.

What started me on anime was Star Blazers and Speed Racer, back before I had even started going to school (circa 78). Then Robotech when it first aired. Then drifted away from it and got back into it when I started college and bought Akira. I had heard about it's adaptation from a comic book back before I had drifted and decided to see how it turned out.

ive never seen heavy metal, maybe ill dl some

ninja scroll is a violent move, really good tho.

fatal fury is a good movie.

Cowboy Bebop is an awsome series, and the movie is great too. pleanty of fighting and guns.

Cowboy Bebop Trailer

Lupin the third is a good old school anime. they used to play it on adult swim on cartoon network.

i havent seen akira in forever.

It's a quote from Heavy Metal.

Oh I get it now! Yeah that's a great scene.

I had heard about it's adaptation from a comic book back before I had drifted and decided to see how it turned out. 

Most anime movies and series are adaptations from mangas (japanese comic books). I have a couple of mangas from the Naruto series, they're good stuff. A lot longer than American comic books, but usually mangas are in black and white. Mangas also aren't restricted by any regulating bodies (The Comics Code Authority anyone?) so they can get as violent and throw in as much nudity as the artist wants.

Cowboy Bebop is an awsome series, and the movie is great too. pleanty of fighting and guns.

Oh Cowboy Bebop is sooo awesome, I love every minute of it. I'v seen all of the cartoon network edited shows twice, and I own the movie.

I've only seen Anime once, and it was the single raunchiest thing I've ever seen. Almost made me hurl. Something about electricity, enimas and animals just seems wrong. :huh:

That's a part of anime called Hentai. Hentai is only for adults, and can explore some very interesting/twisted paths (stuff that actors would say no way too kind of stuff). Some Hentai can get very gross.

Most anime isn't like that and you should give it a second chance. Go rent Akira or Cowboy Bebop the Movie if you want to see some good NORMAL anime.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who is (or wants to be) a total nerd there is a huge Anime convention in San Jose, CA May 27-30. I'll be going Sat. the 28 probably. The web page for the convention is http://www.fanime.com/

To be fair I'm not a complete nerd, I will NOT be dressing up (or cosplaying as the kids call it).