What to expect from 2.5 inch strut spacers

Jbaird313

Sadly don’t have before pictures I seem to have lost them. But if anyone is trying to find out what a 2.5 inch strut lift will look like on their pathy, I hope this helps. Also to note if you do use 2.5 inch strut spacers, you’re going to have to use camber bolts. Something I haven’t don’t yet but will get around to. Hope this helps!

5D0D07DD-2A55-41C8-84D1-71F6DF9817A9.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks great. So that's with Fleury's 50 mm spacers all round, to give 2.5" of lift? On standard springs?

Can't wait to see what mine looks like on 50 mm front strut spacers with a ~1" diff drop (just diff not subframe) and 2" lift springs (combined 4.5" total front lift). Rear will have Fleury's 2.5" spacers on 2" lift springs too. Might upgrade to 4" springs if the front end works okay later on.

In theory, that should mean my CV angles are safe at maximum downtravel (2.5" lift from the 50 mm strut top spacer, minus the diff drop to keep them a bit under 2" "total" spacer lift), and give me the same strut droop as a 2" spring lift, with an extra 2.5" of clearance (albeit 1" less under the diff). Total lift will likely be a bit less than 4.5" anyway as I have the QD32 ironblock turbodiesel, factory twin batteries and I'm going to hang an XROX bullbar and 12,000 lb poly-rope winch off the front too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 4:54 AM, KiwiTerrano said:

Looks great. So that's with Fleury's 50 mm spacers all round, to give 2.5" of lift? On standard springs?

Can't wait to see what mine looks like on 50 mm front strut spacers with a ~1" diff drop (just diff not subframe) and 2" lift springs (combined 4.5" total front lift). Rear will have Fleury's 2.5" spacers on 2" lift springs too. Might upgrade to 4" springs if the front end works okay later on.

In theory, that should mean my CV angles are safe at maximum downtravel (2.5" lift from the 50 mm strut top spacer, minus the diff drop to keep them a bit under 2" "total" spacer lift), and give me the same strut droop as a 2" spring lift, with an extra 2.5" of clearance (albeit 1" less under the diff). Total lift will likely be a bit less than 4.5" anyway as I have the QD32 ironblock turbodiesel, factory twin batteries and I'm going to hang an XROX bullbar and 12,000 lb poly-rope winch off the front too.

I put his 2.5" spacers on my 01 pathy that already had the OME spring upgrades and my passenger side starts to bind at full drop and the driver side isn't even playing and is bound up tight. I wheel my pathy so I have to be really careful not to lift a wheel until I get limiting straps installed or someone starts making subframe drops again.  

pathy1oznf.jpg

Edited by Zraver