14-pin consult connector plug (Nissan consult) location

Luniah

Hey guys I just purchased my 1991 Nissan pathfinder

VG30E

5 speed manual

2WD

I'm super into 90's Nissan's and I'm currently rebuilding a 93 240sx.

I have a Nissan consult I've used for years to diagnose issues with my 240 and TOTALLY expected to find a consult plug on the pathfinder....I can't. I have looked high and low. removed panels, pulled out switches above the fuse box on the dash, I have spent an hour outside ripping my truck apart looking for this thing and I can't find it. 

I even checked online several times, I also have a PDF FSM and looked in that.... I can't find the damn port. But I know the port was used on EFI engines starting in 1988, 4 years prior to mine..

Where is this damn thing.

Thank you

:welcome: Unfortunately I don't think WD21 Pathfinders ever had Consult. There's no mention of it in the service manual. There is a check connector, but it's not Consult.

EF&EC-17 of the '91 manual (or EF&EC-16 of the '95, not sure which you have) shows the location of the check connector for the engine computer. Should be hanging behind the hood release, though it may have been ziptied up out of the way at some point. There was apparently a diagnostic tool that plugged into this, but AFAIK it was just a push button and the same two diagnostic lights that are on the ECU so that you can monitor things while driving or just run codes without removing the passenger's seat to access the computer. I set up a version of this using a writeup on the Infamous Nissan forum and mounted it to my dash. Not what you were hoping for I'm sure, but it's what we've got.

Thank you. Yeah it's a bit baffling that the 1991 Pathfinder didnt have the 14 pin consult plug seeing as the nissan 240sx of that same era did. There is a 12 pin black plug in that location but I cant seem to find a 12 pin consult. I'm curious in if I would be able to get a 14 pin connector, swap it out, and use the consult... probably not. But I wonder if.