SFD Schematics

tristan1035

Just wondering if anyone has the exact schematics for a strut spacer 4 inch lift. The current spacer for the right side makes the strut come in contact with the brake line holder (it's a small metal box that the brake line comes in and out of), I'm thinking maybe it was incorrectly made since no matter what we can not get it working without either no movement or just a horrid noise when you turn the wheel. The only schematics I have is this but I'm not sure if there's more, or more highly detailed ones. 

strutspacers.jpg

Levante%252520front%252520-%252520Tubo.jpg

Where did you get the spacers?

I don't have exact schematics but the strut shouldn't be anywhere near that brake line manifold.  

A quick way to tell if you have a poorly made strut spacer is to check for parallelism and perpendicularity. Basically the tube that gives the lift should not have any angle to it whatsoever when mounted to the truck. It should be visually straight up and down if looking from the passenger side towards the drivers side and looking from the front of the truck towards the back. You can also check this with a basic phone app bubble level. 

Edited by TowndawgR50
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TowndawgR50 said:

Where did you get the spacers?

I don't have exact schematics but the strut shouldn't be anywhere near that brake line manifold.  

A quick way to tell if you have a poorly made strut spacer is to check for parallelism and perpendicularity. Basically the tube that gives the lift should not have any angle to it whatsoever when mounted to the truck. It should be visually straight up and down if looking from the passenger side towards the drivers side and looking from the front of the truck towards the back. You can also check this with a basic phone app bubble level. 

Got it from KRfabs and he's been ducking my emails and calls for the last two years so I don't expect to get any help from him and was just going to get a new one made, so if you did have the proper schematics that would be much appreciated.

Dang, sorry to hear that. I dont have schematics. What you see on the image you posted is close. Since you already have a set id suggest doing what Onespiritbrain said. Can you weld or have a friend that can? If so you can salvage your material and save money but cutting the flanges flange free and setting it up yourself. The orientation of the bottom flange does not matter as the top hat spins 360° but the angle of the tube and the orientation of the angle are the key. If your tube is anything other than straight up and down its wrong. 

The whole point of the SFD is to "translate" the suspension downward. Just like the subframe blocks are only providing vertical lift, the strut spacers need to do the same. So you need to cut the tube at the proper angle and orient that angle so that the tube ends up matching the subframe blocks. 

jFhXlvN.jpg

TGJzYiD.jpg

HL5oduO.jpg

• Like 8