XENON HID Headlights

Mrelcocko

The aim adjustment for the headlights is brilliant
Thanks bro. Some peeps think the wiring is a nightmare, but it's not to bad when I had the Factory wiring diagrams to go by. Plus the guy I purchased the HID's from had the wiring harnesses too which made wiring them in a hell of a lot easier.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

Christchurch New Zealand (although I can be found between Queenstown, Dunedin & Chch usually). If you're ever over here be prepared to see a LOT of R50s - because they're basically all diesels and as such are practically unkillable. The TD/QD series engines are some of the most reliable ever made IMO. Known for doing half a million+ kms on basic maintenance alone. The rest of the R50 usually falls to bits before the engine haha. I've even seen numerous late-model R50s with blown ZD30s that have been QD32 swapped.

Fuse box cover

20tl7w4.jpg

Fuse box insides

2exx0ew.jpg

HID relay box cover

2nr0i8p.jpg

HID relay

fxedde.jpg

And a shot of the factory twin-battery HID-equipped QD32ETI engine bay... It's very busy and actually quite cramped to work on. Changing the HID bulb - nightmarish.

vdil1t.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks so much for taking the time to take pictures have the hid system on your Terrano. That helps me out in understanding how the wiring schematic works. I noticed you have another fuse box on the driver side in front of the HID relay box could you please take a picture of that one I'm just curious as to what it says and what's listed on it. I really do appreciate your help thank you so much. Also thanks a lot for the phone numbers sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I was asleep when you messaged since we're on completely different sides of the planet. Peace and Love bro.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• Like 1

Just want to tag @ferrarilover123 as he and I are going to do this on my truck this spring. Thanks for the info!
No prob. Any questions on the wiring don't hesitate to ask.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

Here's the other fusebox. Nothing HID-related in it.

13ykxzr.jpg

My truck also has factory remote unlocking.
Wow!!! Wiper deicer? Front wiper? Thanks man so appreciated. I'm kinda confused as to why theres 1 relay located in your main fuse box and then the other one in the single file hid fuse box. If that makes since. I know the system only calls for 2 relays I'm just wondering why they didn't put both of them in the single file fuse box either way I'm sure there's a reason for that. I've got mine wired up just like the diagram shows and it works so I'm happy I'm just glad now I kind of see how it's done from the factory as far as the layout of the relays and fuses.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

22 hours ago, Mrelcocko said:

Wow!!! Wiper deicer? Front wiper? Thanks man so appreciated. I'm kinda confused as to why theres 1 relay located in your main fuse box and then the other one in the single file hid fuse box. If that makes since. I know the system only calls for 2 relays I'm just wondering why they didn't put both of them in the single file fuse box either way I'm sure there's a reason for that. I've got mine wired up just like the diagram shows and it works so I'm happy I'm just glad now I kind of see how it's done from the factory as far as the layout of the relays and fuses.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

Yeah, it did originally have the de-icer but it doesn't work now as the truck has had several new windscreens. I don't need it anyway as NZ doesn't get cold enough, although there was that one time the wipers iced to the screen at the skfield... Would have cost me $$$ anyway.

I think my truck was factory fitted with a cold weather pack - it's got the de-icer, twin batteries and the rear LSD.

• Like 1

There's actually 2 relays in the in-line fusebox. I only took a picture of one as they're identical.
Hey buddy one more favor of you. From the wiring schematic I've posted you can see it's a blueprint of your set up with dual batteries. Part number 24383PA is the relay box for the HID headlights which is K by the wiring diagram. Part number 24130NB is a diode or diodes which is H in the wiring diagram. Would you please take one more look underneath you're hood and see if you can locate the diode the letter H in the wiring diagram and take a picture of that for me if you can find something that looks similar to H. I'm sorry to keep bugging you I would just really like to know what the diodes look like because I know that there are four of them and I'm pretty sure that there made as one piece hopefully you can find something that looks like the picture does or similar to it is appreciate it.
c9d924333662336bc08f8f7d451be2f4.jpg65052660ce864c6b4d6e73530f8a66d9.jpg

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• 4 months later...

I have a homemade plug and play harness for my nissan terrano regulus headlights.   I did not make this harness myself, but I can give you pictures so you have an idea. It was made using Nissan relays, the HID headlights get their power from the battery but power is triggered by the 9004 sockets (qx4 used 9004 sockets from 97-99... 99.5-00 use a different plug)

Everything is powered except for the auto leveling, I do not have the plugs or switch for leveling but i would love it!!

I want to upload a picture of the harness but I do not see an option to upload photos? Is this outsourced photo hosting only now?

Edited by FUELER

23 hours ago, FUELER said:

I have a homemade plug and play harness for my nissan terrano regulus headlights.   I did not make this harness myself, but I can give you pictures so you have an idea. It was made using Nissan relays, the HID headlights get their power from the battery but power is triggered by the 9004 sockets (qx4 used 9004 sockets from 97-99... 99.5-00 use a different plug)

Everything is powered except for the auto leveling, I do not have the plugs or switch for leveling but i would love it!!

I want to upload a picture of the harness but I do not see an option to upload photos? Is this outsourced photo hosting only now?

Yes you have to have a third party site and insert the link. I use tinypic.url