2001+ Remote swap

Inyourface1650

Hey Guys,

My new to me 2001 Pathfinder only came with one remote. It appears that this can be easily rectified from Amazon or Ebay at minimal cost - however - has anyone tried using the newer style remotes from the R51/D40/N40? Looks a heckuva lot more modern....and yes I'd get the one without the trunk release.

Thanks

71bWP8Hl+BL._SL1500_.jpg

Edit - found this thread but doesn't look like anyone moved forward with it.

Edited by Inyourface1650

08ce59ed4d661216d9a712a26827fa0c.jpg
I did this a number of years ago. You program it like everything else & just switch over the chip from your key. Unfortunately, I’m not sure these are around anymore. I know there was this awesome stiletto style I hesitated on & it’s been gone now 5-8 years.

No worries. 

I ended up purchasing the KBRASTU15 model and it worked fine.  My 01 does NOT have the power glass release, so I got the model without the trunk release.
I got them from Amazon for $5 a piece (ordered 2) here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XR3FSZZ

I followed the video instructions here - you notice he's using the same style remote. 

This is the model remote both my 2007 Frontier and 2007 Xterra used so I'm comfortable with it, and looks quite a bit better then the old K10 model. Silly I know, but hey! $10!

Edited by Inyourface1650