injector harness?

r3dplanet

Hi.

While swapping out my spark plug wires I found that some of my injector wires (under the manifold of course) have been stripped of the shielding and a lot of bare wire is showing. So I need another injector harness. Does anyone know where to find one? I'm not seeing them in the usual online parts fiche.

I figure if I'm in there I might as well pop out the injectors and either replace them with new or rebuild them. Is there any conventional wisdom on which way to go?

Cheers!

https://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-parts/1991/nissan/pathfinder/se-trim/3-0l-v6-gas-engine

https://www.factorynissanparts.com/parts/1995/Nissan/Pathfinder/SE/index.cfm?siteid=214081

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/nissan/pathfinder-2142/wd21-6268/wd21-182493

They are not cheap and you will have a lot of grief getting to the connector for the knock sensor at the back of the motor under the windshield under the lower plenum.... Mine took an entire afternoon to remove everything, make a tool to pull the wire retainer clip, drain the coolant, plug everything back in and put everything back on.

Edited by SpecialWarr
added another link!
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SpecialWarr said:

https://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-parts/1991/nissan/pathfinder/se-trim/3-0l-v6-gas-engine

https://www.factorynissanparts.com/parts/1995/Nissan/Pathfinder/SE/index.cfm?siteid=214081

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/nissan/pathfinder-2142/wd21-6268/wd21-182493

They are not cheap and you will have a lot of grief getting to the connector for the knock sensor at the back of the motor under the windshield under the lower plenum.... Mine took an entire afternoon to remove everything, make a tool to pull the wire retainer clip, drain the coolant, plug everything back in and put everything back on.

Hi SpecialWarr: Thanks for the megazip.net link. It's the most comprehensive I've seen.  I see that you have the same vintage Pathy SE that I do.  Where precisely did you get the Engine Control Harness? I am headed to the nearest Pick-N-Pull to see if I can dig one up.  I posted a question about the Resistor and Condenser unit (105E) found in that harness.  Do you know the function of that particular part?  Can it be manufactured separately and spliced into the original harness?

Edited by SkipHarrah
spelling

I did make a tool but you will have to remove the upper plenum. There is no way to get to the knock sensor with the upper plenum still on. The tool was a bicycle spoke from a mountain bike. I first sharpened the threaded end of it (to wedge between the plastic body and metal clip) and then bent the other end into a good size handle around a piece of metal about 4" long. The hard part is figuring out the angles that you need the pointy end to make to be able to get to the sensor. You can reach the sensor with your fingertips if your hands aren't too thick but you need the tool to be able to get the clip off. After the clip pops off a slight tug up towards the plenum and the connector should come off. Getting it back on is much more challenging so start with the knock sensor and then go and take a break after go get that done; you'll need it.

As for the resistor and condenser you would need to know the exact specifications for the resistor and condenser (resistance and Farad capacity) to be able to patch them in to the harness. That's not information that I went and looked for so it may be available in the FSM but I wasn't looking for it at the time.

Thanks SpecialWarr.

I'm hoping I don't have to go down after the Knock Sensor again.  I got some great help from Slartibartfast under my Topic 1990 PATHFINDER SE-V6 4DR.

The repair parts for the Resistor and Condenser (Capacitor) arrive today.  We'll see if the Code 34 and Code 51 disappear by fixing that component first.

Hi.

While swapping out my spark plug wires I found that some of my injector wires (under the manifold of course) have been stripped of the shielding and a lot of bare wire is showing. So I need another injector harness. Does anyone know where to find one? I'm not seeing them in the usual online parts fiche.

I figure if I'm in there I might as well pop out the injectors and either replace them with new or rebuild them. Is there any conventional wisdom on which way to go?

Cheers!

Did you purchase a harness? I may have one lying around. At one point in time I’ve had two complete VG30e’s in my shop. Message me if you haven’t found one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to know if there has been any progress on your injector harness project?

I've got a harness project of my own.  I ordered an OEM Engine Control Harness [24078-14G00] from MegaZip.net Japanese Warehouse on Oct 5th; it has yet to ship as of today Oct 13th.  I'm beginning to think they really don't have it/can't get it.  Anybody have any experience with MegaZip?

While waiting for the new Engine Control Harness, I'm rebuilding the injector leg/branch (70M) of the Main Harness [and the leg/branch of the Main Harness that includes the ground wire to the Distributor (56M)]. The ground wire lit up like the filament of an incandescent light bulb and cooked everything around it.  I've carefully dissected that portion of the harness and now reconstructing with new wire.  Hopefully the electrical event did not cook the ECU.

• 4 weeks later...