Max offset? -27 doable?

DanielB

Hi all,

I've got to replace a couple of tyres soon. Will stick with 31x10.5r15 ATs for now but want to change over to some other rims I have, 15x8.5 -27 offset. I have a wide body 1995 model. Are these too far offset for the pathfinder? Currently have 15x7 -13 aftermarket rims.

Thanks guys.

Well that's going to depend on what your local laws state is a legal stick-out or maximum offset. I know that I can get a -20 to clear the inside of the fender flares so I don't see why another 7mm is going to make a difference. That's a quater of an inch... that may be enough to irritate a police enforcement agent ( around here that might be enough to get you pulled over ) but not likely to make much of a difference. You should look into what is and isn't a legal modification in NZ... I'm sure google can help!

I just put a set of 15x8 Ultras on mine, they have a +19 offest (5.184" backspace) and they fit perfectly. The Ultra p/n for this wheel is 051-5883K. I put 31x10.50's on em. They do not stick out at all. -27's are going to stick out and look like hot vomit. These wheels were $80 ea, shipped, on eBay. 

pathfinderwheels.jpg

Edited by mechanic58