*Hard start 01 R50* After running w AC On

PrecisionX

I have a 2001 R50 Auto with 189,000 on it. I bought it with 124,000 on it. If I am running the vehicle and the AC is blasting I will park and turn it off only to find that it doesn’t want to start (but does) if I am not gone for very long. This happens also in the cold. I believe the starter is original, battery might be tired and alternator is new. Not really sure what the deal is. 

Hmm. And it doesn't do this if the aircon is off? I wonder if the compressor's engaging while you're trying to start the engine. Is it turning over slowly before starting or turning over normally but taking a while to catch?

Think it's related to the AC, or just the fact that the engine is warmed up?

I had a similar issue a couple years ago, where it'd start instantly with a "cold" engine (summer temps, maybe 90-100?), but I'd drive 5 mins to the store, park it for a few minutes, and it wouldn't start.  I think I was able to gas it a little to get it to start.  Happened a few times that year.  If the engine sat long enough to cool down again, started up just fine.  Engine wasn't overheating, nothing else was obvious.  I think I only pulled the intake and throttle body apart, inspected and cleaned things, but I can't recall why I thought that would be part of the problem.  Might have just been a diagnostic starting point, but I also don't recall having the issue again after doing so.  It's one particular event during my ownership I never quite figured out, but just went away.