Lift options for 2003 SE... Strut spacers vs SFD

Hello folks,

It was pretty funny heading up the logging roads on my stock 2003 SE after an afternoon pew-pew session, making it all the way up the mountain to the end of the road, and coming down again passing a party of lifted Jeeps and a lifted Dodge Ram. That being said, I was thinking of getting a lift installed on my R50 to clear some of the dips on the trail better. The aftermarket tow hitch on the R50 was dragging the dirt in a few of the dips.

So I was researching the options for lifting and wanted to get your opinions on a struct spacer lift kit and an SFD. For the strut spacers I was looking at the 2'' all around lift kit from SFCreation. As for the SFD, I'm still looking for a pre-fabbed kit that I can buy... if anyone is selling, I'd like to know.

I know the strut spacers are a cheap options for lifting but can only give about a max of 2'' before the angle on the CV axle becomes too great. On the other hand, SFDs preserve the CV angle and give at least 4'' of lift, but are way more expensive in terms of the parts and the labor.

Cheers.

P.

Edited by Path_0_logical
spelling lol

A strut spacer lift will work well, however if you are willing to spend what is necessary for an SFD I would say don't cheap out on the 2" lift option, get actual lift coils and new struts/shocks; it will ride a million times better, will take rough trails better, and will give you a nice amount of lift, maybe even more than the spacers (since spacers give you 2" over what you have, which may be less than stock because of saggy springs).  Unless of course you can find an SFD full kit, then go that route!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

A strut spacer lift will work well, however if you are willing to spend what is necessary for an SFD I would say don't cheap out on the 2" lift option, get actual lift coils and new struts/shocks; it will ride a million times better, will take rough trails better, and will give you a nice amount of lift, maybe even more than the spacers (since spacers give you 2" over what you have, which may be less than stock because of saggy springs).  Unless of course you can find an SFD full kit, then go that route!

Well, I decided to go with the SFCreation 2'' lift kit. Will post pics once it gets installed.

Cheers.

• Like 1