Need assistance with issue electrical.

Manik

Well, I am attempting to bypass the factory clarion amplifier completely on my old 1995 pathfinder. One of the amplifier connector for the rear amp my kid chopped off years ago. Anyways, after installing a new stereo and using it for a couple of weeks with 6x9’s in boxes which never stay where you put them, I bit the bullet and just chopped off the other connector. Finally deciding to mount the speakers and bypass the amps completely by just tying the appropriate input and output wires together. Sounds easy right? WRONG! Started this whole process, had the rear inputs and outputs all tied together, I thought awesome, this was easy, attempted to power up the stereo to test the rear speakers and the head unit will not power on at all. It has both power circuits as well as ground. I thought, did I fry the unit somehow, replaced it with the factory stereo, same thing, no power, and I know it worked when I pulled it out. Any ideas out there? Oh! The clock under the tachometer isn’t working either, it quit at the same time, what am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a little more searching on the issue and found the neither of the headlights are working and only half of the parking lamps. Rechecked every fuse, found one blown, low and behold, the stereo and dome lamps are working, but, not the headlights/park lamps. That’s an entirely other issue for another day as far as I’m concerned right now. Besides, gotta keep the little woman happy too, right??!!

I had no trouble bypassing mine. Sounds like something was connected wrong or left live with a cut end flapping in the breeze and it found something to short to. I'm not sure how a shorted-out amp would take out the headlights unless you somehow fried one of the fuse links at the battery.

Well, the fuse was completely removed from the amp circuit in the passenger cabin fuse block, so, not really sure if there was power still coming in. Guess I pulled the trigger a little to quick. I may just bypass all of the factory wiring to wire the speakers in the doors.