Valve Cover Gasket, Radiator, Oil and coolant loss

sailor95

1998 R50 With 193xxx on the clock, Valve cover gasket has been bad for a while and have been adding oil and coolant as needed here in the hot months. Now I think the radiator has popped because it has over heated and needed water twice in 2 days and needed alot of water. My problem is that we replaced the radiator last year so i dont think this should be happening. Any suggestions as to what could have popped rad #2

Did you replace the radiator cap too in case it has failed?

If the radiator was good, and it wasn't just some bad luck, the next thing I'd suspect is exhaust gas leaking into the coolant. Have you tried one of those test kits for exhaust gas in the coolant?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Check the heater bypass hose behind your engine. That thing just caused me a huge headache chasing down a phantom blown head gasket.

97669b3500060220d54fd7701ee439c6.jpg
It’s the black hose in the center of the picture there. Mine looked a little decrepit from the top but the underside was leaking coolant.

When you say popped the radiator, what exactly do you mean? Like blew the seal between the core and top/bottom pieces?? Or like a hose or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do thank you all! Sadly I was 90 miles away from the vehicle yesterday and my girlfriend was driving it so she just ended up taking it back to my uncles shop, I will shoot him a text and mention this though, I would think the rad cap was replaced with the radiator. By popped i mean like cracked because hissing could be heard but i wasnt there to hear it so im not sure, women?