LED Headlights

What all would be the process of installing LED headlight bulbs? Would I need to wire up a relay so they actually produce a decent amount of light?

Edited by Wacky_Pathy

Headlight power and conversion have been discussed in here. Here's a link

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/34385-headlights/

For a relay kit - to provide more power to your 9004 Pathy headlights, I've used this guy Daniel Stern.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

He's got a confusing web site, but it's all there including wiring diagrams, etc..

KIT-RIKHB1 kit for two 9004 lamps: $99

If you change your headlight mounts to hardbody - than you can use the H4 sealed beams. Then you would need this relay kit:

KIT-RIK2 kit for two sealed beam or H4 lamps: $69

Takes like 20 minutes to install.

Hope that helps..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC those H4 units are European, and they have a cutoff on the right side of the vehicle to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. I didn't use them because here the oncoming traffic is on the left, and the deer that sit and wait to jump out in front of my truck are on the right. It's been a while since I looked into it though, and I went with a xenon HID projector setup anyways. Like @edicer2 did, but with the original headlight units and cheaper projectors. Also no angel eyes for me. I thought it looked pretty awesome, but I just wanted to be able to see the ground when people high beam me and have the option for retaliation. Now when I flash my lights at them they switch to low beam right quickly, the silly wankers. 

I switched to the hardbody assembly and holders and then put some high end e-code Hella lenses in. The cutoff is a lot more dramatic but still illuminates the right side. it looks like this _/ _/. I wanted the extra cutoff so I could run some LED bulbs and not get terrible issues with glare for oncoming traffic. I plan to use the philips ultinon line of bulbs. They should have proper placement of the diodes to not cause issues with lining up with the housing which is a common problem for the cheaper bulb types. Im actually in Atlanta so you're welcome to check them out at the next caffeine and octane.

• Like 1