How loud is your Pathfinder

Cuong Nguyen

I'm am just getting a feel of how it is inside for other people with different mods.  I downloaded an app on my android phone called Sound Meter. They have it for IOS users as well.

93 Nissan Pathfinder XE

Cloth interior

4x4

33x10.50 BFG MTs

2.25" exhaust with generic performance muffler

Windows up

78-82 dB cruising at 70 mph without music on smooth road.

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

Where the phone is will make a big difference. On my way back from Halifax I rode in the back of mine and it is quieter back there.

Only place I find mine loud is the door seals and wind noise. Otherwise it is fine.

Interesting. Ill have to try the app. Ive been eye balling a few sound deadening materials to drop the noise level on long trips but overall my interior noise level is not bad under light throttle. I dont know what the current DB's are but om assuming they're up there. 2.5 exhaust with 33x12.5 BFG MT's and AT's. The AT's are much quieter obviously. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TowndawgR50 said:

Interesting. Ill have to try the app. Ive been eye balling a few sound deadening materials to drop the noise level on long trips but overall my interior noise level is not bad under light throttle. I dont know what the current DB's are but om assuming they're up there. 2.5 exhaust with 33x12.5 BFG MT's and AT's. The AT's are much quieter obviously. 

Same here bubba. Parking decks are a great experience for everybody when I'm in there

On 7/9/2018 at 12:28 AM, Slartibartfast said:

I'll have to give this a go in mine once I get it back on the road. Where are you holding the phone to take a reading?

I have the phone at ear level while driving. I also plan on placing it all the footwells, transmission tunnel/t-case shifter, and headliner area behind my head to get a base line.

On 7/13/2018 at 2:53 PM, adamzan said:

Where the phone is will make a big difference. On my way back from Halifax I rode in the back of mine and it is quieter back there.

Only place I find mine loud is the door seals and wind noise. Otherwise it is fine.

My door seals have shrunk and I've been just filling in the gap with sealant. I'll use black this time instead of the red.