Gas Prices

Wisecrakker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, $2.65 87 octane today here in north Ca... I love the way that gas costs less in some places that it has to be trucked in long distance while I live 40 miles from a refinery... Just goes to show, the prices reflect what the market can bear, not what the actual costs are...

B

Petrol has just gone up here in NZ. The govt put a 5c a litre tax on to pay for more roads!

91 Octane is NZD1.28 and 96 Octane is NZD1.34.

The poor old Kiwi only buys about 70c US so that makes it about 90c US and 94c US respectively. Now times by 3.8 for US gals - USD3.42 and USD3.56/gal

Edited by NZ Terrano Owner

From driving an 18wheeler cross country I can tell you now that you'll almost always find the cheapest gas around the SW Texas "TX/LA" area...(and cheapest pot)... Where the most expensive is all over California, and on the Northern East Coast like north of NC. Something that always messes with my head is the diesel to gas price differences. Like diesel being $1.65 while gas is $1.75, then a month later it'll be $1.90 for diesel and $1.80 for gas...? :crazy:

Think about how much for your paying for gas the next time you walk into wally-world. China's economy is booming so much that they are gobbling up every bit of available crude on the market. It's simple supply and demand.

China is not the only country guzzling oil... check this out. Very informative

web site:

nationmaster.com

Do ya think the H2, Expedition, or Navigator will be outlawed any time soon?

It costs me about $40 to fill up here in western PA... $2.25/gal and rising.

That can't be right... No way... I don't believe it for a second... :wacko:

LOL, $2.65 87 octane today here in north Ca... I love the way that gas costs less in some places that it has to be trucked in long distance while I live 40 miles from a refinery... Just goes to show, the prices reflect what the market can bear, not what the actual costs are...

B

not much trucking of it here. pipeline straight to TX baby...

i don't think diesel is really ever going to be cheaper then gas anymore. it has more btu and that's gonna cost

Yup Califonia is quite harsh on the wallet. There's a gas station nearby, I guess its the lowest and they have people lining up for fuel. That last time it gased it was at 2.43, not sure what it is today.

TrailChaser, nice sig.

The thing is that diesel costs much much less to refine then unleaded because it is in a more crude form. I dont see why it is more than unleaded when it has been at least 10cents less than unleaded for years.

well, i don't get why we're paying through the nose for this stuff since we kicked saddam's butt... but oh well...

$2.37 at Safeway for 87 last night, yesterday morning it was $2.30

In Costa Rica we paid $3.60 after converting.

Sorry to go off subject, but Costa Rica... I've been wanting to go there since I was about 15yrs old... What kinda trip was it? How did you like it? I'd luv to hear about it. You should do a new post about it if it was a cool trip... :cool2:

Oh, 90seven,,, Thanks B)

Edited by TrailChaser

Just got back from 10 days in Maui. On the Central and West side of the island, it was $2.74 per gallon for 87 and we spent 3 days in Hana on the east side of the island which is pretty much a remote dense rainforest...paid $3.26 a gallon. :oops:

I got some gas for $1.99 9/10 yesterday and Sunday... Went to the beach Sunday so I had to refuel the next day...$$$... What's that 9/10 crap about anyway? Robbin me 1/10 of a penny with every gallon?

44807_0_425.jpg

We built a pyramid and let the kids destroy it, then when we got ready to go I ran it over... B) I thought it was cool, the wife didn't like it. I think she thought we'd get stuck...

44808_0_425.jpg

ok it's about 2.55 +/- .o5 around Vallejo in the east bay area. Luckily I have been riding my Ninja around and it gets about 35-40 a gallon. Only problem is that it takes premium, which jumps up to 2.75 for a low and 2.90 as a low. Lucky the tank is only 4.2 gallons.

Christ MM, you actually riding that bolt bucket around ??? I'd hoped you only use it for a gravity sled, but as you seem to be putting gas in it... Did you at least stock up on body armor ?? Don't make me come by and show you what a motorcycle is supposed to look like... :P

B