ahardb0dy

Tilt steering column covers

Looking for a red tilt steering column cover (upper and lower) for my 93 Hardbody, 93 is the bastard year but it still has the square dash.

Thanks

I know the feeling. Time to hit the salvage yards. Mine are junk too.. I've been trying to figure out a way to redneck engineer them so they will hold up and not totally look like crap. I have put some thought into it, but, not enough time to actually put the plan together. I will keep you posted on how I eventually get them fixed.

Thanks, after 93 the covers are different because after 93 the trucks went to the round dash

I'll keep an eye out too. Still looking for replacement gray for mine. I had to remove the metal lower place for mine to tilt and fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'll keep you in mind if I stumble across a red one that's usable.

I gave up on mine and built one from sheet steel. I'll get pics up when I get around to finishing it. It's still a little rough, but it's already much more solid than what was there. I like that it doesn't lose another chunk of the screw posts each time I look at it, and I also like its chances if it gets assaulted by some tweaker with a hammer.

I know some people don't agree with painting interior parts, I didn't used to, but I found a paint that matches the maroon interior perfect and is holding up so far. It's $21 a can here in Lafayette, didn't look online for it yet. This way you could grab any color you can find and just paint it to match. With the age and availability of parts for our trucks sometimes painting is the only option.

James

painting one would be an option too I guess. Mine cracked  on the top, I think it was due to the wiper switch I used when I did the variable wiper swap rubbing against the top/

Bought a set of covers but the top does not fit, so still looking, thanks