Rear sway bar removal

So I found some awnsered but not all of them, so I know I don't really want to remove the front sway bar, but what about the rear. Can I drive on the freeway safety with no rear sway? And if so how hard is it to remove?0af032b2c9f85d485493b7f9ae1d7e7e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not hard to remove at all.

Personally, I didn't like the feel without it, but that really only pertains to cornering. Can you drive on the freeway? Sure, just avoid quick maneuvers...that's a pucker moment I had that got me wanting to put it back on. However, firmer springs and shocks or the addition of air bags can help with stabilization, too.

What's warranting its removal? I don't think it's thick enough to really restrict articulation...hasn't been an issue for me, anyway.

I agree. It's very easy to remove (although you may have to cut sway bar links off if they're particularly rusted). I had mine off for a few days and didn't like the slightly unsettling feeling. Sure I took it on the highway and it drove fine, but I could notice body roll, which I had never really noticed before. I had enough flex to max out the suspension with it on, so I put it back.

I have to agree with Hawairish and Mjotrainbrain. These rigs have plenty of flex with the rear swaybar installed. I have had no problem reaching maximum articulation with it.

PgaWNrT.jpg

• Like 1