AC MODS? What’s everyone running?

AC kinda sucks in the truck... any one figure out how to re engineer it? FSM numbers seem weak. I live in Central Valley CA. EASY 112 in the summer. Much lower humidity then charted..

Also work at a shop that deals in Ac/rads/hydraulic lines and coolers.

So any one add a extra condenser with a dedicated electric fan?

Over sized receiver drier?

DIY rear AC project ?

What’s the weakest link of the system. I am thinking it’s the condenser but idk.

My Ac system has been opened... a new drier and a proper vac and recharge could drop the temp down forsure vs

Everyone running 134? Seem some propane stuff anyone try that?

c94dcc3cf05f72252b67d68ce8a78c55.png

• Like 1

I live in Dallas so we get above 100 regularly with higher humidity, but not as hot as you.

When I'm moving, I've been fairly satisfied with AC performance. I have thought about putting darker heat blocking window tint on.

When my radiator fan was failing the AC was getting too hot at stops too. I replaced it with a Flexalite Black Magic shrouded electric radiator fan, which also made a big difference.

I noticed there is a foam gasket between the condenser and radiator to channel air, that has completely deteriorated which I wondered if it would help to replace.

It seems to take a little longer to start cooling than it used to. I heard that an old compressor can cause that if the seals are worn, but you would know better than me.

Where could you put another condenser? I assume it wouldn't help to put it in front of the current one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Subbed.

Couldn’t we add a couple ounces of 407 or 507 to blend with 134? I run 407 and 507 in blow air chillers with very similar pressures (150 and 15) but at -30degF.

I know that even if we could just replace 134 with 407 or 507 the air flowing over the evap would have to be extremely bone dry... I just wonder if there is a middle ground that we could find thru blending. I’d also imagine we’d have to only run it in the heat of the summer and replace it with 134 during the winter for defrosting/dehumidifying purposes.

Who is going to test this out?? If I can find a compressor at the junk yard then I might perform a test! Wouldn’t be awesome to blow 33degF air on a 100degF plus day??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1