Transmission question

Macrow

So for some reason I'm drawing a blank on this and my computer is down so I can't access all my saved documents and fsm's and can no longer pull them up online.

What I'm wondering is for my automatic 1992 SE Pathfinder. I'm curious which line coming off drivers side and passanger side of the transmission hooks up to the inlet and outlet side of Radiator cooler lines?

Edited by Macrow

I don't see it in the AT section, but I wrote down that top was supply and bottom was return after I did the cooler on my '95. I plumbed my '93 accordingly and the it hasn't grenaded yet so I assume I was right.

• Like 1

I don't see it in the AT section, but I wrote down that top was supply and bottom was return after I did the cooler on my '95. I plumbed my '93 accordingly and the it hasn't grenaded yet so I assume I was right.

Top side of transmission would be driver's side then with bottom being passenger? I've been looking through the fsm to find where I thought I had saw it was showing the driver's side was the return side on the transmission just couldn't find where it showed it. I don't want to have it hooked up wrong. So with the way you have yours hooked up then you have your outlet from radiator cooler line hooked up to top side on transmission which is driver side? Then lower side of transmission supply line hooked up to inlet on radiator cooler line?

Mine's plumbed from the top hard line to the driver's side of the factory cooler in the rad, then the passenger's side is plumbed through the aftermarket cooler and the external filter back to the lower line.

• Like 1

Thanks Slartibartfast for the reply back on that. Got a photo sent to me just little bit ago as well from someone. Which it was from page 196 in the AT section in the fsm showing it also. Definitely looks like I have it hooked up right then. Thanks again

To be honest does it really matter? It's just a cooler. As long as its clean and not crusty it shouldn't matter which way fluid flows through it. A filter on the other hand...

• Like 1