How do u remove the crank/balancer pulley?

My 88 pathy has a stuck balancer pulley. Got removal tool. Bolts keep bending. Will try and get grade 8 bolts but they aren't very big. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well hopefully it's not stuck for the same reason mine was... years ago I tried to remove mine and after two, nearly three, destroyed pullers I found that the woodruff key had partially sheared in combination with the keyway rounding out. Basically it had rotated slightly on the crankshaft and wedged the pulley on. The exact same thing had also occurred on the Timing pulley, leading me to believe that the crank had somehow softened or never really hardened properly in the first place. Either way, it was toast. And sadly, I am not the only one who has seen this happen.

Used same duck puller. Brand New kit. The truck won't start but turns over fine. And bottom crank timing skipping is my last guess unless Redpath is right (he usually is) PB blaster has been used. Will let u know what I can find on keyway.

Dang. Might be hard to see the end of the pulley but if you can get your camera phone in front of it, you could probably get a picture and see if the keyways are lined up or if they're shifted. That would at least give you some idea of what you're up against.

Used same duck puller. Brand New kit. The truck won't start but turns over fine. And bottom crank timing skipping is my last guess unless Redpath is right (he usually is) PB blaster has been used. Will let u know what I can find on keyway.

Oh no, I get it wrong plenty :) Lets just hope I am again!!!! :beer:

Dang. Might be hard to see the end of the pulley but if you can get your camera phone in front of it, you could probably get a picture and see if the keyways are lined up or if they're shifted. That would at least give you some idea of what you're up against.

Not sure how well this will work out, but it is definitely worth a shot! :aok:

Even if for no better reason that to know if your going to need more pullers! :broken: