Rear window gas shocks

onespiritbrain

Do your gas shocks push open the rear window when you hit the button or do you have to pull it up by hand a bit, then they push it the rest of the way? And does it stay open by itself once it’s all the way up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine just pops up enough that it's unlocked, sometimes if you slam the driver's door it'll relatch the window; they do not open it much at all. Once I push it up it stays up just fine though.

• Like 2

Do your gas shocks push open the rear window when you hit the button or do you have to pull it up by hand a bit, then they push it the rest of the way? And does it stay open by itself once it’s all the way up?

Mine have finally started to go. Only kind of hold up the window. Pretty good run of 16 years-should be cheap & easy to replace. They never raised the window up automatically, even when the truck was new.

Mine just pops up enough that it's unlocked, sometimes if you slam the driver's door it'll relatch the window; they do not open it much at all. Once I push it up it stays up just fine though.

That's how it should work. When they get low and don't work I head to the local pull-a-part and find some new ones.

• Like 2

I grabbed some at the pullapart but I stuck them on they were even worse. I’m gonna Rockauto them next time.

I couldn’t open the back glass to test them at pullapart and I thought maybe they were good just pushing them in by hand.

Edited by onespiritbrain

I grabbed some at the pullapart but I stuck them on they were even worse. I’m gonna Rockauto them next time.

I couldn’t open the back glass to test them at pullapart and I thought maybe they were good just pushing them in by hand.

If they're good, you can't push them in by hand much....

• 4 weeks later...