What's an alignment?

• TOTM Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Local time: 10:53 AM
  • Model:Other/Unknown
  • Year:2002

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:07 PM

What all do you guys do to prepare your rigs for water crossing/deep mud, other than the obvious diff breathers and snorkel?  It's almost inevitable in the woods of Michigan that you'll end up in a mud hole deeper than the bottoms of the doors if not deeper, and I'd like to be ready.

What all electronics are worth protecting?  From what I understand there is some kind of computer under the driver's seat that's pretty important (I have a 2002), is there anything you can do to protect that?  Wouldn't take too much of a puddle to be stuck in the middle of in order to trash that.  Fuse boxes seem pretty high up, so I don't think there's much of anything else that concerns me as far as electronics, but I'm not sure where everything is.

What do you do about water getting in?  I've had it happen once when I was sitting stuck in a fairly deep hole, would new door seals help?  Mine don't "leak" air on the highway, but I doubt they're as good as new.  Once a good amount of water gets in, how do you like to dry it out?  I used a hair dryer last time (the water only came in about two inches along edge), and even for the little bit I had to do it took forever to get it totally dry.

Anything else to address?  I'd really like to make my rig ready for the sloppy stuff so I don't have to worry so much anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to NPORA Forums

Please REGISTER to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

-NPORA