95 Pathy idle problem

gr8xr7

The fuel rail on the passenger side cracked, so, on the passenger side, I replaced the fuel rail, o-rings, spark plugs, and injectors, and the connecting hose across the front. Now it idles around 1500rpm then, after about 10 minutes, it revs up-then drops, then up, then-drops. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Edited by gr8xr7

Replacing one side of the rail can unseat the other side. Even If you left it bolted the old seals will leak once disturbed even from wiggling the other side loose or twisting the hose off. Best to replace all 6 lower seals whenever you do any rail maintenance. Also, I prefer to use the vg33 one-piece rails, its solid tube across the front and no hose clamps to bother you when you navigate a coolant bypass hose into place.

Also there are many hoses that can cause trouble under the manifold and if they've never been changed they are very prone to cracking when being handled.

also moving the manifold around can dislodge some carbon/PVC residue that gums up the IACV, You can removed it and clean it, carefully take the Solenoid off the back and degrease the little plunger and spring, clean the casting it bolts to...

Thank you for your help. Indeed the fuel rail was't seated properly, (so a vacuum leak on one of the injectors). After redoing it, my Pathy runs perfectly.

• Like 1

Vacuum leak. One or some of the o-rings on the injectors on whichever side you had apart got ham-fisted when you put it back together. Now it's sucking air around an injector. Or several of them. Do over.