Rear Springs

Moog makes an oem replacement set. Those seem to be the ones I see used most often when people are looking for stock spring replacements. I actually have a set with only a couple thousand miles on them collecting dust in my garage. If you were closer Id let you have them, but from reading your posts I dont think you live anywhere near me (Delaware).

• Like 1

Does anyone know other than infinitiusa where I could purchase rear coil springs?

Mr Cox R50

I have a set of MOOG OEM replacement rear springs if your interested. I had them on for about 6 months, then ordered the Land Rover springs. I also have the 2.5" lift spacers too since the LR springs provide lift without the need for spacers.

Let me know if your interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Edited by 03TroutFinder
  • Like 2

KNOXVILLE, TENN

Moog makes an oem replacement set. Those seem to be the ones I see used most often when people are looking for stock spring replacements. I actually have a set with only a couple thousand miles on them collecting dust in my garage. If you were closer Id let you have them, but from reading your posts I dont think you live anywhere near me (Delaware).

Mr Cox R50

• 2 weeks later...

How much?

I have a set of MOOG OEM replacement rear springs if your interested. I had them on for about 6 months, then ordered the Land Rover springs. I also have the 2.5" lift spacers too since the LR springs provide lift without the need for spacers.

Mr Cox R50

If you are interested I have a set. I also have a set of front struts and springs if you need them. I am located in western N.C.

Mine are just worn out and I need a set bad. I'm in east Tennessee which may be close to you since your in western NC. I need a set of struts for 96 Pathy and the springs for the rear on my 97 Quey.

Mr Cox R50

If you are interested I have a set. I also have a set of front struts and springs if you need them. I am located in western N.C.

I'm interested.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

Can you share which Land Rover springs you ordered? Did the set worked for front and back? Thx

Can you share which Land Rover springs you ordered? Did the set worked for front and back? Thx

Here is the composite forum experience to date. Look up the Land Rover Spring thread for details:

Land Rover Defender 90 Spring Summary

http://www.red90.ca/rovers/springinfo.html

5” Inner Diameter

NRC9446 +2.5-3

(15Spring Ht) 0.5-1" rake c 2 front spacers

175# Spring Rate

LR 90 Defender-Front Driver

(0.5" longer than passenger)

NRC9447 +2-2.5" (Micah got 4")

175# Spring Rate

LR 90 Defender-Front Passenger

NRC9448 +4(Perfect c 4"SFD),

cut one coil=3"

225# Spring Rate (LR 90 Defender-Rears)

$80 Delivered from UK

NRC9449 +2-2.5" (same Height as NRC9447)

225# Spring Rate

(heavier Load than NRC9447)

1badqx4

9446: neilca(35"F/36"R c 31"tireMid Fender Ht)

9447: 19pathfinder99, MichaelAndrews,

micahfelker(37-37.5" c 31"tire, MD OME Springs, F=HD OME),

thehillboys (Bilstein 1525 shocks)

LR - 34 1/4" to 38 1/2" settled to 37.5" net 3 1/4"

RR-33 3/4" to 38" settled to 37.5" net 3 3/4"

Front 35” c Moog OEM Springs, KYB Struts & 1 1/2" spacer

LF - 32 1/2" to 35 net 2 1/2" (slightly uneven shop floor)

LR- 32" to 35 net 3"

Rake 2.5”

9448: hawairish, TowndawgR50, drewp29, Bax03SE(37"F/38"R c 33"tire Mid Fender Ht-1 coil cut)

9449: 03Troutfinder (36.5" from 34", same ht as OEM Spring+2”spacer)

Order from LRdirect

Brands-few reviews on LR forums say Brit Part (c8) springs held up better than OEM Land Rover against sagging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Rock auto. Thanks

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

I found some thanks anyways

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of rear springs and spacers, I am gonna do the max all around body lift kit by sf creations for my 03 pathfinder, I am just a little confused of if I will need to get struts that are longer or if the spacers will work without anything done to the struts. I want to order the spacers this week so an answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clark

Edited by Cbiggy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cbiggy said:

Speaking of rear springs and spacers, I am gonna do the max all around body lift kit by sf creations for my 03 pathfinder, I am just a little confused of if I will need to get struts that are longer or if the spacers will work without anything done to the struts. I want to order the spacers this week so an answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clark

Gonna answer your question and address some confusion you seem to have.  First of all, it's not a body lift, it's a suspension lift.  You can't do a body lift on these vehicles since they're unibody.  Secondly, longer struts would not help you with spacers, they would only be helpful with actual longer coils.  However, longer struts do not exist for these vehicles unfortunately, best you can do is when the time comes to replace your struts get KYB (with OEM accessories).  The rear is where longer shocks would help by giving more articulation, however they are not necessary.  As a general word of advice, buy yourself a can or two of PB Blaster and make sure to liberally spray down all the bolts you'll need to be messing with daily leading up to the job so you can actually get those 15 year old bolts loose without having to break out the death wheel (angle grinder).

• Like 1

I'm interested.  
Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50
Sorry I haven't got back to you. Been so busy with work and all. I'd love to take them off your hands, but right now I'm strapped for money. Maybe in a few weeks it will be feasible. If you still have them when I get caught up I'll message you. Thanks again.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50