2.5 inch front 3 inch rear lift spacers,cv angle?

was going to possibly get this kit,but was worried about cv angle without a sub frame drop (which I don't want to do)when wheeling off road.I have a 2001 4wd with manual hubs.has anybody done this lift with no issues?or am I stuck with a 2 inch all around lift?

• Like 1

Actually quite a few people have done that lift. With manual hubs it will definitely help, however you're right at the edge of what is possible. At full droop it's darn near binding. I'd say you're better off playing it safe and doing 2".

Im running 2.5 in front. It definitely puts the CVs at the limit for angles, but I havent had any issues yet. I do have manual hubs which helps a lot. But, I also run with the front hubs locked most of the time in the winter to save having to get out of the truck, and so far everything is good.

Yeah, I had 2.5" on mine, and it was fine, but at the limit. I had boots pop off a couple times which is annoying, but not necessarily a problem as long as you get if fixed before it begins to wear the CV from lack of grease.

I should add that I replaced both CVs not long after lifting it due to cracked boots. Technically they cracked after the lift, but I attribute that more to the age of the joints and the rubber being old and dried out. The new joints and boots have had no trouble.

• Like 1