Biggest tires I can fit under a R50 with 2" or 3" lift?

Looking for some insight into what are the biggest tires I can fit under my 2001 Pathfinder. I'm thinking about doing a 2" or 3" lift and was wondering what size tires would fit without having to do any trimming on the bumper or fenders.

Thanks

If you don't want to do ANY trimming you're pretty much limited to 31's. If you're willing to trim a little bit to allow for turning you can do 32's.

What needs to be trimmed?

What needs to be trimmed?

Not sure what needs to be trimmed on the bumper since I have a custom one, but on the fender I needed to cut a piece off of the bottom edge where the rocker panel is. If you get a chance to test fit tires that would be best, you can easily see what needs to be cut once you have them on.

Also keep in mind wheel backspacing for strut clearance. 265/70/16 will clear the strut. 265/75/16 will sometimes clear and sometimes hit depending on the tire brand and how aggressive the tread is. Anything bigger will require either wheel spacers or new wheels with less backspacing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Also keep in mind wheel backspacing for strut clearance. 265/70/16 will clear the strut. 265/75/16 will sometimes clear and sometimes hit depending on the tire brand and how aggressive the tread is. Anything bigger will require either wheel spacers or new wheels with less backspacing.

Bax03SE, do you know what wheel backspacing will clear the strut?

Here are my notes to date (including Bax03SE’s):

at a little over 32” they will hit your strut.

anything over 31” tall will require either a spacer or a wheel with at least 3.75” backspacing to clear the strut. 245/70/17 would give you another inch over stock tires, and would fit on stock rims/stock height with little to no trimming.

**Fits up to 265/75r16 (~32x10.5) without any problems

265/70 r16 tires should be the biggest you can do and still will probably have a rub. Be careful!

keep in mind wheel backspacing for strut clearance. 265/70/16 will clear the strut. 265/75/16 will sometimes clear and sometimes hit depending on the tire brand and how aggressive the tread is. Anything bigger will require either wheel spacers or new wheels with less backspacing.[bax03SE’s]

Bridgestone AT's (LT255/70/16)

So 0 offset rubs rear guards but no contact on the front.

+7 rubs a little at the rear and little on the full right lock, but has the benefit of sitting inside the guards better.

By the looks of that +10 would fit, but it will scrub harder on a hard right turn

265/70/16 Grabber A/T,

a little bit of scrubbing on the splash guard at the front but that was easily fixed, by pulling it up more to my bullbar with some cable ties. Other then that all good. I haven't taking them offroad yet to see if they will rub on the rear guard, if they do I think it would be a light rub that I could put up with.

<http://pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7263&start=15>

Sorry havent been on here in a bit. Pretty much as you said above, for anything 32and over you need a wheel with at least 3.75 backspacing. You will also almost definitely have to remove the mudflaps. Trimming in front of the tire may be needed, but it shouldnt be much. 33 and up will definitely require trimming in both front and back, but even then it really isnt difficult as long as you get over being squeamish about cutting your truck.