Dating when they're opposed to your Pathfinder

PamPoovey

How's this one for off topic? Or maybe it's not that much off topic? I often wonder if I should just flat out seek another Pathy owner to date, for it tends to irk when potential boyfriends say I should get rid of my WD21 (no longer potential boyfriend :lol: ) I still get joy from driving WD21, or Truck, as I address 'em. But who am I kidding? I feel stunned when I can even meet a man who can change his oil. :lmao:

I once went on a date with WD21, just to test the bloke's character and his vehicle looked way worse than mine! You might say my dream is to date a man whom we can restore vehicles together.

Anyone else find their Pathfinder being singled out?

The past 2 girlfriend's I've had loved the pathfinder. The girl I'm hanging out with these days actually wants my 95 wd21.

Women (or men) don't really give a crap what you drive. As long as its reasonably clean inside and doesn't smell.

That's fantastic that you got a girl you admires your WD21! Maybe in Canada that they give a crap about what you drive, but not what I had experienced when I had lived on the west coast. And when I'd drive my 95, the police would immediately run my plates!

I think they see that I have an interest and that being supportive is part of a good friendship/relationship/whatever you have.

Also, after traveling through nearly all states except a handful I can say out of experience, the cops in the US are pricks. A lot of them are super uneducated too. I had one in Texas ask me if we had air conditioning in Canada. They loved to run my plates and then get disappointed that my windows were tinted but couldn't ticket me because my car wasn't registered in their state!

Some men get putt off when I tell them the engine ticks until the oil gets spread about and gets warmed up. They don't see the value in my dream of one day rebuilding the engine. Someone being supportive is definitely the goal...and who doesn't mind if I want to get sloshing in the mud!

In the west coast, WD21 fits in with what the illegals drive, so that's why I know I attract the police attention, but other than that, they see my crystal clean driving record and move on.

• Like 1

Hmm odd based on my experiences in west side of 2 of the 3 Northwest states. I drive a lifted, paint faded, usually dirty, ugly WD21 and have seldom ever received even a second look by the cops. :shrug: But when I drive my car in certain area's... I'm talking about YOU Ft Lewis/JBLM MP's :angry: ....and I would get followed for miles, often they would turn around JUST to follow me... and presumably run my plates. Though I was only actually pulled over once.

It was definitely a regular thing in Vegas. I knew if a cop saw me, high probability that he'd intentionally get behind me. Then I start fidgeting like an idiot :lol: yet, I've done nothing wrong and have a clean driving record. Sure! That's a way to make a cop think he's on to something! :blush:

• 5 months later...

To zombie, or not to zombie... yup, doin it. Zombie Thread!!

I haven't had much trouble with my path as far as dating and someone not liking it. She is built for trail and I do lean towards country, or country ish girls that enjoy doing outdoors stuff. That probably helps because most of them just look at it as a vehicle to take camping in some fun harder to reach places. I have received a decent amount of guff about my "Jap truck" from other people, but not anyone I was dating. Probably because anyone who would go there was dismissed before dating was an option.

Any dude that gets put off by you having some truck/car knowledge can't handle a smart woman and would just be overwhelmed by something else anyways. So really it's an easy douchebag screening process. Probably have better luck finding someone that's into you having a truck in a offroad group or forum than anywhere else, atleast you know right of the bat ya'll got that in common. Maybe find a dude with a Titan and some quads.

Pam, You're right about running plates out here, atleast down here below SF, it totally happens. More with smaller stock SUVs like these or Jeeps. In Castroville, Salinas and Watsonville I see Pathfinders, Hardbodys and sometimes Xterras all around farms. It's because they make great farm trucks. Farmers and workers love em because they're kinda cheap and perform very well in the dirt and mud with no or little modification.
I don't get much trouble from them, but mine is lifted and looks very purpose built like Redpath and Adamzan's. I think they see that look and assume it's just a dad with a fun truck for the weekends. A trick my dad taught me when I drove a common farm car was AAA or badge shaped "I Support my local Sheriff" sticker on the bumper. I hate having stickers on my truck, but holy crap did that chill them out. I rarely got followed more than a block or 2 in my junky mazda. My 1st Pathfinder came with a camo "HOORAH" sticker, only got pulled over once.

Oh yeah, there was a reason I resurrected this, other than boredom and it's an interesting subject out of the norm for here. There should be a dating thing for people that love to hit trails and mud and camp in the desert in their trucks. Is there one? There sure as hell should be. It would be great to find out about big meat ups and hangout with some people into trucks n trails.

Something like that has to exist.

• 1 month later...

I've owned four Pathfinders / QX4's and, not a single woman has ever said anything negative about them. In fact, I've only heard complaints from my other much more expensive vehicles.   My wife, to this day, regrets we sold our QX4 and regularly mentions how she can't wait for my Pathfinder project truck to be done so we can drive it around instead of the Mercedes.

Keep in mind though, I live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains,  and up on the Canadian side. For 4 months of the year my Pathfinder is the only relevant vehicle in my fleet, and, at times it is the vehicle my friends ask me to come rescue them in. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Around here all the girls want SUV’s like 4runners or anything that resembles a Jeep so I think it’s funny that most of my compliments have actually come from girls. My girlfriend actually liked my pathfinder so much she got her own. I always catch her staring at hers when she’s walking away from it lol!

• Like 3

All the Georgia peaches that rode in mine love it for some reason. They like the sound system a lot too but I can't seem to figure out why....?  Except my mom. She hates riding in it because, "It's too loud! It smells like exhaust! It's too high! etc."