Sign in to follow this  
PamPoovey

Dating when they're opposed to your Pathfinder

How's this one for off topic? Or maybe it's not that much off topic? I often wonder if I should just flat out seek another Pathy owner to date, for it tends to irk when potential boyfriends say I should get rid of my WD21 (no longer potential boyfriend :lol: ) I still get joy from driving WD21, or Truck, as I address 'em. But who am I kidding? I feel stunned when I can even meet a man who can change his oil. :lmao:

I once went on a date with WD21, just to test the bloke's character and his vehicle looked way worse than mine! You might say my dream is to date a man whom we can restore vehicles together.

Anyone else find their Pathfinder being singled out?

The past 2 girlfriend's I've had loved the pathfinder. The girl I'm hanging out with these days actually wants my 95 wd21.

Women (or men) don't really give a crap what you drive. As long as its reasonably clean inside and doesn't smell.

That's fantastic that you got a girl you admires your WD21! Maybe in Canada that they give a crap about what you drive, but not what I had experienced when I had lived on the west coast. And when I'd drive my 95, the police would immediately run my plates!

I think they see that I have an interest and that being supportive is part of a good friendship/relationship/whatever you have.

Also, after traveling through nearly all states except a handful I can say out of experience, the cops in the US are pricks. A lot of them are super uneducated too. I had one in Texas ask me if we had air conditioning in Canada. They loved to run my plates and then get disappointed that my windows were tinted but couldn't ticket me because my car wasn't registered in their state!

Some men get putt off when I tell them the engine ticks until the oil gets spread about and gets warmed up. They don't see the value in my dream of one day rebuilding the engine. Someone being supportive is definitely the goal...and who doesn't mind if I want to get sloshing in the mud!

In the west coast, WD21 fits in with what the illegals drive, so that's why I know I attract the police attention, but other than that, they see my crystal clean driving record and move on.

• Like 1

Hmm odd based on my experiences in west side of 2 of the 3 Northwest states. I drive a lifted, paint faded, usually dirty, ugly WD21 and have seldom ever received even a second look by the cops. :shrug: But when I drive my car in certain area's... I'm talking about YOU Ft Lewis/JBLM MP's :angry: ....and I would get followed for miles, often they would turn around JUST to follow me... and presumably run my plates. Though I was only actually pulled over once.

It was definitely a regular thing in Vegas. I knew if a cop saw me, high probability that he'd intentionally get behind me. Then I start fidgeting like an idiot :lol: yet, I've done nothing wrong and have a clean driving record. Sure! That's a way to make a cop think he's on to something! :blush:

Nothing worse than a bored cop.

Did you check if there were any bored cops on the board before you wrote that? :lol:

No cause I don't give a crap!

Such a rebel! :wub:

Nothing worse than a bored cop.

A bored cop with a fresh new pen...

Gotta break it in sometime!