Moving To New Servers!

*Temporarily On Hold Due To Time Restrictions*

Members interested in helping test the new NPORA server platform, please contact RedPath88 via PM or email for further information.

Thank you,
-NPORA

Photo

95 Pathfinder Interchangeable parts?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CrystalLakeKillr

CrystalLakeKillr

NPORA Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:00 PM
  • Model:LE
  • Year:1995

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Hi I was given a 95 Pathfinder LE 3.0L V6 4x4. I have been fixing it up because it was in bad shape. I have a few questions so ill just ask... i want my Pathfinder to stand out but still have it where it counts.

1) I cant find any aftermarket headlights, tail lights etc... but i can find aftermarket lights for a 95 nissan pickup... will they match up? 

2) are there any good chips to increase mpg and/or horsepower? if so website?

3) I would like to eventually swap motor and trans to make it manual (automatic right now) what would be a good swap to get good gas mileage and have power?

sorry if these questions are dumb... Im new to Pathfinders and dont know much about them... 

4) how do i know what motor i have.... is it a VG30E? how can i tell?

Thank you in advance.

#2 OFFLINE   Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts
  • Model:SE
  • Year:1993

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:45 AM

:welcome:

1. The stock "sad eye" lights on the Hardbody pickups are the same as the Pathfinder lights AFAIK. If you convert your front end to the smaller rounded rectangle headlights some HBs used (more options available because it's a size used by many other vehicles), you'll need the buckets and grille to match (I think the corner lights are different too). You can also get clear turn signal lenses and corner lights if that's your bag. I haven't seen aftermarket tail lights for these (and no, the HB ones won't fit) but I have seen guys put slotted covers or spray-tint over them to make them less effective.

2. At least one guy I'm aware of has cracked the ECU and figured out how to get a little more power out of it. He's on the NPORA Facebook page.

3. VG33 swap with the cams and intake from the 3.0 (swapping the intake means the electrical system just plugs in and the ECU's none the wiser) is common and pretty well documented here. So is auto to manual swapping. If you want to go crazy and have the resources, you can build the hell out of a VG, turbo what's there, or swap in something completely different. V8Path managed to squeeze a Chevy V8 into his.

4. Unless somebody's been into it before, you have the VG30E. VG is the engine family, 3.0 is the displacement (roughly), E means multiport injection.

There's a lot of good info in old threads on here. I usually just google "NPORA ..." with whatever I'm looking for rather than bothering with the forum search feature. Many pictures are dead, unfortunately, but there's apparently a browser extension that'll get you around some of that.

#3 OFFLINE   CrystalLakeKillr

CrystalLakeKillr

NPORA Newbie

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Model:LE
  • Year:1995

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

Awesome Thank you for the feedback this helps a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to NPORA Forums

Please REGISTER to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

-NPORA