Strut spacer insulator

Hey guys need help. I'm replacing the struts on my 97 Q. There is a spacer that sits on top of the strut between the strut and the body almost like a paper gasket. I have been able to locate these spacers through Nissan. Does this serve as a sound deadning purpose? I talked to a guy at an import service shop and he said he wouldn't worry about installing them? Strut mount kits don't come with them either. I've also ended up locating them on eBay too. What I'm asking is how important are these spacers?

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

I just reused mine despite them being beat up and even torn in two. With strut spacers I wasn't sure if they needed to go between the strut and spacer or spacer and body... Can't remember what I ended up doing, but no worse for wear. I bet the HDPE acts as an insulator itself.

• Like 1

I ended up going to napa and bought a sheet of gasket and made my own. In the FSM manuals it goes between the strut and the body and that's what I did.

I just reused mine despite them being beat up and even torn in two. With strut spacers I wasn't sure if they needed to go between the strut and spacer or spacer and body... Can't remember what I ended up doing, but no worse for wear. I bet the HDPE acts as an insulator itself.

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk