Moving To New Servers!

*Temporarily On Hold Due To Time Restrictions*

Members interested in helping test the new NPORA server platform, please contact RedPath88 via PM or email for further information.

Thank you,
-NPORA

Photo

Power routing under headliner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Backpacker

Backpacker

NPORA Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 PM
  • Model:SE
  • Year:1989

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

Anyone know exactly where the power for the dome lights in the back seats and cargo area run to?  I got a dome light for the front, from a 4 door and gonna install it, just wondering if I'm gonna have to run more wire to the back or if it passes up near the rear view mirror.

Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   xterra

xterra

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Local time: 08:55 PM
  • Model:SE
  • Year:1990

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

I had planned to do the same thing, but it's not quite as simple as I hoped.  There were changes to the metal ribs under the headliner, and the 2-doors don't have a bracket that the 4-door map lights attach to. As for the wiring, it runs up the left hand A pillar, then over the door and around the sunroof (at least one a 1990 2-door).

I ended up giving up on the map lights, but wired an auto-dimming mirror and a Homelink transmitter from a Range Rover in that spot.

NP-Mirror.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to NPORA Forums

Please REGISTER to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

-NPORA