R50 Bump Stop Bolt?

mjotrainbrain

Lol

Sorry.. I don’t know why but your consecutive posts made for a laugh!

It’s funny because I know your out there probably covered in grease posting on your phone out of frustration. Been there hahaha!

I’ll go look around for the bolt size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by onespiritbrain
  • Like 2

Ok looks like its an 8mmx1.25 so a 13mm will fit it!

Ah, so it is supposed to be 13! I guess my initial efforts with a 14 probably didn't help. This should have been an easy job, thanks rust and dry rubber.

And yeah, sitting here covered in grease, dirt, and a lot of dust, as I'm taking breaks from the frustration by attacking rust with an angle grinder!

Looks like all the generic bump stops thst auto parts stores sell have the stud built in, and I highly doubt any of them are 8x1.25, so I guess we'll see if I can botch the stock ones back on!

2 updates:

1. Found pretty bad rust right where the "frame rail" intersects the crossmember that the panhard is bolted to. Going to clean it up, paint, and have a t-shaped patch welded in. Should be fairly well fixed pretty easily.

2. Factory bump stop situation is not going to happen. Going to get generic auto parts store ones and mount them to the lower spring perches.

Ha, should be (or in your case, should've been) either a 10mm or 12mm...standard OE for 8mm x 1.25 JIS bolts. Fun fact: only sizes you'd typically need on any OE Nissan bolt are 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 21mm, and 22mm. And then, because you're a R50 owner where crappy aftermarket parts exist, you end up with a bunch of Standard and non-JIS sizes as things get replaced.

Bummer about the mounts and rust, though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I tried those sizes but nothing seemed to fit quite right, probably because the head wasn't really hex shaped anymore!

I've decided that for the bumpstops I'm just going to leave the bolt there (it's not going anywhere even if I want to to anyways), and I'll put generic ones on the lower spring seat, and make sure to add a few little drainage holes around it. Should work equally well, and it'll save me a lot of work.

Lol

Sorry.. I don’t know why but your consecutive posts made for a laugh!

It’s funny because I know your out there probably covered in grease posting on your phone out of frustration. Been there hahaha!

I’ll go look around for the bolt size.

Oh yeah that's so true! One of those times you just say f$%k it and walk away. Lmao!!!

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but i didn't happen to see my jounce bumper on my passenger rear, and my driver side rear, its sitting at the bottom of the coil spring, on its side doing nothing. Whats the appropriate fix?

I'd like to know as well, mine are doing the same thing, laying there doing nothing. making a thumping sound every time I hit a bump.

Least I think that's what that thump is??? lol

19 hours ago, TroyButler said:

I know this is an old thread, but i didn't happen to see my jounce bumper on my passenger rear, and my driver side rear, its sitting at the bottom of the coil spring, on its side doing nothing. Whats the appropriate fix?

4 minutes ago, mbro said:

I'd like to know as well, mine are doing the same thing, laying there doing nothing. making a thumping sound every time I hit a bump.

Least I think that's what that thump is??? lol

Time to replace them.  It generally requires getting the chassis and axle on jack stands, removing the shocks, and using a floor jack to lower one side of the axle at a time to let the spring extend.  Or, use spring compressors.  These are OE replacements at 50% the cost of OE: http://www.amazon.com/Febest-Nissan-Bumper-Spring-55240-0W010/dp/B00C6MTQIW

• Like 1