xterra vg33e swap to vg30e from my 95 path finder?

I found a 2000 xterra with a knocking motor but a good transmission and I have my 95 pathy with with rear differential and transmission issues (still drivable have been for small trips) but the engine sounds great. would it be possible to swap the vg33e with the vg30e and how difficult of a task would this be? costum work? wiring? would it be easier to just swap the rear end and swap the transmission and keep my pathy?

Rear ends are different between Pathy and Xterra. Different spline count, different suspension. A good Pathy rear axle from the wreckers or a part-out can't be that hard to come by, and the Xterra trans will fit the Pathfinder.

Given that the VG33 will run in a WD21 with the intake swapped over, a VG30 would probably run in a WD22 with the same treatment, though the Xterra computer might notice things that the eight-bit Pathy computers don't. The belt system is different, so you would have to either adapt that or run with no aircon. I also remember my dad's WD22 being a bit on the gutless side, which won't be helped by losing 300cc. So, yeah, I'm sure it's possible, but it sounds like a lot of work to make a slower Xterra.

People have asked this so many times before and its like asking can you take a big block out and install a 305 in a chev. You could, but why? Just swap the trans into your pathfinder and roll on!

• Like 1

how hard is it to remove this transmission? I know ill need jack stands and a jack or 2 for the transmission and engine so idk im intimidated by removing a transmission i don't have money to pay someone to do this im not a wealthy guy but i do have alot of tools and will but ya... i feel like it would be easier to swap motors than to change the transmissions mybe not i don't really know. im literaly just trying to have a solid ride more power, less power this xterra has lower mileage mybe i could find a replacement motor or possibly fix the issue with the engine or put the vg30e in it. 400 bucks for this xterra knocking motor everything else is good.