Question on converting to manual hubs from broken autos

The big washer on the driver side doesn't fit flush in the hub anymore like on the passenger side making it hard to get the hub on completely. I'm buying manual hubs tomorrow, do you think this will be a problem? Or do all the moving parts in there get trashed when the manual hubs are installed?

I replaced mine with WARN years ago, but there wasn't anything wrong with the automatic ones. Anyway I still have the original ones for back up.

The manual ones have worked great and the best I can remember it all the parts on the lock out were replaced when I put new ones on, so there was nothing to trash.

That was 20 years ago though, but I hope this answers your question.

Pull the outer part of the hub, pull the snap ring from the CV shaft, and hold onto that because you'll need it again. There should be three pieces behind the snap ring. The manual calls them Washer B, Washer A and Brake B, but they look like a washer with inside splines, a washer with tabs, and a sorta bearing cup looking deal. All three can all go right in the bin with the rest of the auto hub. Basically just tear it down until you see the wheel bearing lock nut/washer (with the two Phillips screws holding it all together), and then you're ready to install your manual hubs.

I made a video back when I installed Mile Markers on my '95. The video quality ain't great but it might help if my description isn't ringing any bells. There's also an exploded diagram on FA-19 of the '95 FSM.

Pull the outer part of the hub, pull the snap ring from the CV shaft, and hold onto that because you'll need it again. There should be three pieces behind the snap ring. The manual calls them Washer B, Washer A and Brake B, but they look like a washer with inside splines, a washer with tabs, and a sorta bearing cup looking deal. All three can all go right in the bin with the rest of the auto hub. Basically just tear it down until you see the wheel bearing lock nut/washer (with the two Phillips screws holding it all together), and then you're ready to install your manual hubs.

I made a video back when I installed Mile Markers on my '95. The video quality ain't great but it might help if my description isn't ringing any bells. There's also an exploded diagram on FA-19 of the '95 FSM.

Perfect thank you. That washer with the tab is what's screwed on mine im thinking, it's the only one that doesn't want to seat right.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk