Runs good until it doesn't

SUPRDLUX

Runs great until it starts gasping and dies just as if I've closed the EGR valve while it's running fine. I've changed the distributor about a year ago, knock sensor, fuel pump, plugs, wires...Searched and still nothing. EGR code pulled but the EGR valve and solenoid check out. EGR temp sensor showed no resistance so it was replaced with a new one. Still won't do right...

I’d replace the EGR control valve. I think I’m having an issue with my EGR as well, but, unsure what as the truck runs fine. I don’t think the EGR is working at all just because it would not pass state inspection in Texas. The upside, 2 more years and its a safety only inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EGR valve holds vacuum for at least 30 seconds plus I cleaned it along with the diverter even though both had very little carbon. Started looking at wiring because it's starting to look like the engine was swapped at one point.

Started just physically moving around wiring while it was running trying to replicate the issue - isolated it to the TPS connection because it was responding when I'd mess with it. The male center pin is inverted and the female center pin terminal looks like a shiny penny and the others don't. Gonna replace it with new connectors this evening to see if that resolves the issue. I'll try the O2 sensor thing as well...

• 2 weeks later...

EGR solenoid looks to be the issue. It started running crappy on the way to the shop so I unplugged the connector to the EGR solenoid midway even though I tested it and it checked out. It smoothed out and has ran fine since this morning.

• Like 1

Nevermind. Blocked off the EGR completely and it's still happening. Giving it to a mechanic on Monday cos I'm tired and don't have the time or resources.